Soft and fluffy Baked Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Yeast Donuts make the perfect breakfast treat for cool fall mornings.
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 package active dry yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
- 1/3 cup warm milk
- 1 egg
- 7 oz pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 1/2 - 4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted (for brushing)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (for dipping)
- Add yeast and warm water to the bowl of an electric mixer. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add milk, eggs, pumpkin puree, melted butter, salt, spices, maple syrup, sugar, and 1 cup flour to yeast mixture. Mix with the hook attachment until completely incorporated. With the mixer on low/medium speed add remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time until the dough is firm enough to knead. Once dough is firm enough to knead, transfer to a floured surface and knead for 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer dough to a large oiled bowl. Cover and let sit in a warm dark area for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- After about 1 hour, punch down dough. Roll out dough on a floured surface to 1/2-inch thickness. Use a 3-inch round cookie cutter to cut donuts and a 1-inch round cookie cutter to cut out the donut holes. Place donuts and donut holes on parchment paper lined baking sheets. Cover and let rise for 45 minutes. (At this stage, you can also cover with plastic wrap and place unbaked donuts in your refrigerator over night. The next morning, remove from the refrigerator and let rest at room temperature for 1 hour before baking).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Brush donuts with melted butter and bake 8-10 minutes.
- While donuts are baking, stir sugar and cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
- Once baked, remove donuts from oven and let cool 2 minutes. Quickly dip donuts in melted butter, and then toss in cinnamon sugar mixture.