Decadent brownie cookies meet creamy ice cream in this brownie cookie ice cream sandwiches recipe. Add your favorite toppings for a tasty treat to cool off with on a hot summer day.
- 1 ¼ cups (220 g) dark chocolate, chopped
- 10 tbsp (142 g) butter, cubed
- ¾ cup (165 g) light brown sugar
- ½ cup (100 g) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (94 g) flour
- 3 tbsp (18 g) dark cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 pints of your favorite ice cream
- 1 ½ cups (260 g) chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped nuts, sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, crushed cookies, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl using a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat eggs with sugars and vanilla on medium/high speed for 5 minutes.
- Add in the melted chocolate/butter mixture and mix until combined.
- Stir in flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Use a medium sized cookie scoop to drop 1 ½ tbsp size balls onto the prepared baking sheets. You should be able to fit 12 cookies per sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once cookies are completely cool, place a large scoop of ice cream and sandwich it between 2 cookies. Freeze the sandwiches for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler. Dip the frozen ice cream cookie sandwiches into the chocolate and then sprinkle with topping of choice. Return cookies to freezer until ready to eat.
Keywords: ice cream sandwiches, brownie cookie ice cream sandwiches, brownie cookies, ice cream cookie sandwiches