Soft in the centers, crisp on the edges, and perfectly spiced, these Chocolate Covered Gingerbread Cookies will be the star of your holiday platter!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 4 oz dark chocolate
- 4 oz white chocolate
- 4 oz milk chocolate, optional
- chocolate sprinkles, sanding sugar, chopped nuts
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or with a hand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes. Mix in egg and honey. In a separate bowl, sift flour, almond flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. Add to butter mixer and mix until a dough forms. Transfer dough to piece of plastic wrap and cover tightly. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll out dough on a well floured surface until 1/4-inch thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut out into shaped. Gather the scraps and roll out into 1 tablespoon-size balls. Transfer cookies to prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt the chocolates in heat proof bowls over double boiler. Dip the cookies in chocolates and then drizzle with chocolate. Top with chocolate sprinkles and sanding sugar. Allow chocolate to set completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container in a cool area or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.