These Blackberry Oat Crumb Bars are an easy, delicious, healthy dessert or snack! They are made with only 7 ingredients and only 10 minutes of prep time. Plus, they are gluten free, vegan-friendly, and have no refined sugar!
- 3 cups (310 g) rolled oats
- 1 cup ( 120 g) almond flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, optional
- 1/2 cup (100 g) coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup (117 g) honey (or maple syrup for vegan option)
- 1 tbsp (32 g) cashew butter (can substitute any other nut or seed butter)
- 12 oz blackberries
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8 x 8-in baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine oats, almond flour, salt, and cinnamon in a food processor. Pulse to chop oats and combine.
- In a small pot, or microwavable bowl, melt coconut oil. Stir in honey and cashew butter.
- Pour into dry ingredients in food processor and process until mixture comes together (make sure there are not dry spots).
- Set aside 1 cup of oat mixture for crumb topping. Evenly distribute and press down the remaining mixture in the parchment lined baking pan. Prick the crust with a fork a few times to allow steam to escape. Bake for 10 minutes.
- While crust is baking, add blackberries and tapioca starch to the food processor and pulse 3-4 times to break the blackberries up. If you prefer a smooth filling, process until blackberries are completely pureed. Remove the crust from the oven and pour blackberry puree over crust. Crumble reserved oat mixture evenly over blackberries. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until topping is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool completely in pan for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours until completely set. Remove from pan by lifting the edges of the parchment paper and cut into bars.
Bars can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days, or up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 130
- Sugar: 5
- Sodium: 75
- Fat: 9
- Saturated Fat: 6
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 12
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: gluten free, vegan, blackberry, oat, bars, dessert, healthy