This healthy superfood mocha latte recipe is a delicious, frothy, dairy-free, and paleo alternative to fancy coffee shop drinks. Loaded with good-for-you ingredients, this mocha will have you feeling amazing. It’s easy to make, healthy (vegan AND paleo), and the perfect way to begin your day!
- 1 espresso shot (1.35 fl oz / 40 ml)
- ⅓ cup (100 ml) coconut milk (preferably from carton or lite coconut milk)
- ½ – 1 tbsp (1.5 – 5 ml) maple syrup
- ½ tbsp (3.5 g) cacao powder
- 1 tsp (2.5 g) maca powder
- ¼ tsp (2.5 g) cinnamon
- ½ tsp (2 g) coconut oil
- Extra cacao powder or cinnamon for topping, optional
- Pour coconut milk into the Nespresso Barista Recipe Maker jug. Add maple syrup, cacao powder, maca powder, cinnamon, and coconut oil. Close the lid, choose “Mocha” on the screen, and press the start button. Alternatively, pour coconut milk into a small saucepan. Add maple syrup, cacao powder, maca powder, cinnamon, and coconut oil. Heat over medium-low heat, whisking constantly, until warm (but not boiling!). Remove from heat and use a milk frother or blender to froth.
- Brew your espresso coffee into a cup according to your coffee machine.
- Pour the warm coconut milk mixture over the espresso.
- Top with a pinch of cacao powder or cinnamon. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 mocha
- Calories: 169
- Sugar: 11 g
- Sodium: 7 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan mocha, healthy mocha recipe, homemade mocha recipe, paleo mocha, nespresso recipes, espresso recipe, mocha