The BEST soft, chewy, and thick Pumpkin Butter Stuffed Snickerdoodles are a delicious spin on the timeless cookie!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup chilled pumpkin butter (homemade or store-bought)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine ¼ cup sugar and 1 tbsp cinnamon. Set aside.
- Add butter and sugars to mixing bowl and mix 2 minutes / speed 3.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix 20 seconds / speed 3.
- Add flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, sand salt and mix 40 seconds / speed 4.
- Form the cookies by rolling 2 tablespoons of cookie into a ball. Break in half and use your thumb to gently press into the bottom on one half. Carefully add 1 teaspoon on chilled pumpkin butter inside. Place the other cookie dough half on top and roll the dough to make a smooth ball. Roll the ball into the sugar-cinnamon and place on cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes. The cookies will puffy and soft straight out of the oven. While they are still warm, gently press down on each cookie to help flatten them. Allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Keep cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.