So delicious and easy to make, this Roasted Beet, Spinach, and Goat Cheese Quiche makes a great brunch or even dinner
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp stone ground whole wheat flour (6 oz)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp cold butter, cut in cubes (3 oz)
- 2 oz cold water
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds*
- 3 medium beets, sliced
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp dry rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 6 oz goat cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- Gently grease quiche pan and sprinkle with 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds.
- In a food processor, add flour, salt, and cold butter. Pulse until crumbly. Add water and pulse until dough forms. Add 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds and pulse 2-3 times, until combined.
- Remove pastry and form into a ball. Using a rolling pin, roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface. Line prepared quiche pan with the pastry and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Add beets and onions to a baking sheet in a single layer. Drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast 30 minutes. Remove from oven and add baby spinach to baking sheet. Roast an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs, yogurt, milk, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Add roasted beets, onions, and spinach to quiche crust. Sprinkle in crumbled goat cheese. Pour egg mixture into the quiche crust.
- Bake 50 minutes.
- Sprinkle grated parmesan over quiche and bake another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit 10 minutes before slicing.
* To toast sesame seeds, spread evenly onto baking sheet and place in a preheated 375°F oven for 5-8 min.