Hearty Sweet Potato Hash with Caramelized Onions, Sausage, Feta, and Poached Eggs. A one skillet dish that can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 sausage links (I used Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, diced in ¼ - ½ inch cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp no salt seasoning
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 4 eggs
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over low heat. Add onions and let caramelize, stirring occasionally. About 10-12 minutes. Remove onions from skillet and set aside. Increase heat to medium.
- Cut sausage links into bite size pieces. Add sausage pieces to skillet and cook through. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add diced sweet potatoes to skilled. Add 2 tbsp of water and immediately cover to steam potatoes. After 3 minutes, remove lid and stir sweet potatoes. Continue cooking until sweet potatoes are cooked and have a light brown crust. Stir in garlic, red pepper flakes, and seasonings to sweet potatoes. Cook another minute. Stir in caramelized onions and sausage. Remove from heat.
- While potatoes are cooking, bring a medium size pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer. Crack one egg into a small bowl. Carefully drop the egg into the simmering water. Let cook for 3 minutes. Remove poached egg from water with a slotted spoon. Place egg on a paper towel lined plate to soak up excess water. Repeat with remaining eggs.
- Sprinkle parsley and crumbled feta over sweet potatoes. Top with poached eggs.
- Enjoy warm!