The best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe! These vegan cookies are thick, chewy, and loaded with chocolate! No one would ever guess that these chocolate chip cookies are made with no butter or eggs.
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) avocado oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unsweetened almond milk (or any type of plant based milk)
- 1/2 cup (110 g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (110 g) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (250 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces (170 g) dark chocolate, chopped (or chocolate chips)
- 2/3 cup (80 g) walnuts, chopped optional
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the avocado oil, almond milk, and sugars until combined. Add the vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to the wet ingredients and mix with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon until there are no more dry spots.
- Once the cookie dough comes together, add the chopped chocolate and walnuts (if using). Fold until they are evenly distributed.
- Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 12 hours and up to 24 hours. *Note: Do NOT skip this step!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- After the cookie dough has chilled, use a cookie scoop to form 1½ tablespoon size cookie dough balls. Arrange the cookie cookie dough balls onto parchment lined cookie sheets, making sure to leave 2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake the cookies in your preheated oven for 11-12 minutes, or until the edges are set and the centers are slightly underbaked. Cool on the pans for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store: Store your dairy free and egg free chocolate chip cookies covered in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- Freeze: You can freeze baked cookies or unbaked cookie dough balls for up to 3 months.
- Make ahead: To make cookies in advance, prepare the cookie dough balls and freeze them in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Once completely frozen, pack the cookie dough balls into an airtight container or freezer bar to freeze up to 3 months. Once you are ready to bake, remove the frozen cookie dough from the freezer and bake at 350ºF. Add 2-3 minutes to your baking time.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 164
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 86 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 19 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan, chocolate chip cookies, vegan chocolate chip cookies, dairy free chocolate chip cookies, egg free chocolate chip cookies