Thick and chewy Bakery Style White Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies have slightly crisp edges and a soft center.
- 1 cup (227 g) butter, room temperature
- 2 1/4 cups (485 g) packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 (440 g) cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 (275 g) cups rolled oats (old-fashioned)
- 12 oz (340 g) chopped white chocolate, or high quality white chocolate chips
- 1 cup (5 oz) dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread oats on a baking sheet and toast for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In the bowl of stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large mixing bowl using a hand mixer, beat butter and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 5-8 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract and beat until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and toasted oats. Slowly add to the butter and egg mixture and mix until a dough forms.
- Add chopped white chocolate or white chocolate chips and dried cranberries. Mix until combined.
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Use a large cookie scoop to drop dough (about 3 ounces) onto prepared baking sheets. Roll each cookie dough portion into a ball. Make sure to leave enough space between cookies. You should have about 6 cookies per cookie sheet. Use your fingers to lightly press flatten the tops.
- Bake cookies for 12-15 minutes, or until edges are golden brown and center looks a little bit undercooked.
- Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes on cookie sheet before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
How to store oatmeal cookies:
- Store your oatmeal cookies covered in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
How to freeze oatmeal cookies:
- You can freeze baked cookies or unbaked cookie dough balls for up two 3 months. If freezing unbaked cookie dough, bake frozen cookie dough and add 1-2 minutes to your baking time.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 350
- Sugar: 33 g
- Sodium: 100 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 52 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 48 mg
Keywords: white chocolate, cranberry, oatmeal, cookies, dessert