Delicious, chocolatey, and tender cookies are packed with chunks of chocolate and stuffed with cool peppermint cream. These Chocolate Peppermint Cream Sandwich Cookies will be a holiday hit!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BakingMadeEasier #CollectiveBias
There is nothing like fresh baked cookies during the holidays! Every December, I look forward to baking and exchanging cookies with friends and family. I like to host or attend at least one cookie exchange, and this year I'm hosting! Hosting a cookie exchange is a fun (and delicious) way to gather friends and family during the holiday season. Plus, you and your guests to end with enough cookies to last you until the new year!
When it comes to holiday cookies, I like to mix it up with family classics and new recipes (that can become new favorites!).
12 Days of Cookies!
This year, I am sharing 12 delicious cookie recipes with you every day beginning today!
We are kicking off Baked Ambrosia's 12 Days of Cookies with Chocolate Peppermint Cream Sandwich Cookies. Rich and tender chocolate cookies are stuffed with a cool peppermint icing.
The secret to perfect cookies is Country Crock® Baking Sticks (now available at Walmart!). Unlike regular butter, Country Crock Baking Sticks don't require any softening. They are creamy and soft, so they are ready to use when you're ready to bake! To use Country Crock Baking Sticks, simply swap them with regular butter.
I like to make a batch (or two) of these cookies leading up to the holidays and freeze either the dough or the finished cookies. This way, I can spend more time planning my cookie exchange party!
Since this is my first 12 Days of Cookies, I've included a few free printables for you to use during your cookie exchange party! Click here to download. To edit the invitation, open the file in Photoshop and simply change the text.
If you make this recipe, take a photo and tag #bakedambrosia on Instagram and Facebook so that I can see your creations and feature them on Instagram! To stay up to date with the latest recipes, follow Baked Ambrosia on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. ♡
Chocolate Peppermint Cream Sandwich Cookies
- ¾ cup Country Crock® Unsalted Baking Sticks or softened butter (12 tbsp)
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1 ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 oz dark chocolate chopped
- 3 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- ½ - ⅔ cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Beat butter sugars, and milk in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until light and fluffy, about 8-10 minutes.
- In a medium size bowl, sift flour, cocoa, and baking soda. Once the butter/sugar is light and fluffy, add dry ingredients and mix until a dough forms. Stir in chocolate pieces. Wrap dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Roll cookie dough into 1 tablespoon sized balls and arrange on baking sheets (no more than 8 at a time). Using the bottom of a measure cup or drinking glass, gently flatten the dough slightly and bake 10-12 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and let cool on a cooling rack. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Once all of the cookies are baked and completely cooled, make the filling. Beat powdered sugar, peppermint extract, and cream with an electric mixer until combined. The filling should be firm enough to hold its shape. If your filling is too runny, add more powdered sugar 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency. Alternatively, if your filling is too firm, add more heavy cream 1 teaspoon at a time.
- Spread frosting onto the flat side of a cookie and sandwich with another. Repeat with remaining cookies.
Hey, Rachael From Eazy Peazy Mealz, I just wanted to tell you your photos are gorgeous. I was pinning you for the So Fab thing and wow, stunning. Wasn't sure a better way to tell you. Super talented!
Thank you so much Rachael!! I love all your photos and recipes too!
These cookies look so delicious! So delicious ♥ They would make a great Christmas treat 🙂
Thank you!! <3
Kelly @ Mostly Homemade Mom says
These cookies are gorgeous! I love peppermint and chocolate together, too!
Thank you!! peppermint + chocolate is one of my favorite holiday flavors!