Rich and delicious fudgy brownies are so fun to transform into festive Spooky Ghost Marshmallow Brownies for a Halloween treat!
Did I scare you??
Halloween is a few days away and I’m sooo excited. Not that I’m dressing up in a costume or going trick-or-treating or anything. I just love the spirit of Halloween. Plus, its the one day of the year that it’s acceptable to eat candy and sweets all day.
Did I ever tell you guys that I once dressed up as a clown for my first MIDDLE SCHOOL Halloween dance?! And not a scary/cool “It” inspired clown. Nope, I dressed up as the most embarrassingly cringeworthy awkward clown. You know that scene in Mean Girls when Cady Heron walks into the Halloween party? That is exactly how what felt like. Thankfully, my face was painted and I was wearing a wig so nobody knew it was me.
I’m pretty sure that was the last time I dressed up for Halloween. But, I still celebrate every year with fun and cute treats! Like these Spooky Ghost Marshmallow Brownies.
They’re easy and indulgent and insanely rich.
I mean just look at that stack.
I prefer my brownies fudgy and not cakey. Sorry, my house; my rules. This brownie recipe is the BEST one ever. It’s foolproof and exactly the way any brownie should be – rich and gooey on the inside and chewy around the edges!
In the spirit of Halloween, I topped each brownie with a fun little ghost. All you need is some large marshmallows, melted white chocolate, and mini chocolate chips. It’s that easy!
Spooky Ghost Marshmallow Brownies
- 3/4 cups melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs + 1 yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup + 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 16 large marshmallows
- 12 oz high quality white chocolate melted
- 32 mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 8 x 8-in baking pan with parchment paper and grease with butter or nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk melted butter and sugar. Whisk in eggs and yolk, one at a time, until smooth. Add vanilla. Gently mix in flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan and bake 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely to room temperature.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes, and then slice into 16 pieces.
- To make the ghost topping, add 1 marshmallow to each brownie. Spoon 1-1 1/2 tbsp melted white chocolate over marshmallow to coat. Allow chocolate to drip over the edges. Add 2 mini chocolate chips for eyes and let chocolate set completely.