These energy-packed No-Bake Coconut, Date, and Puffed Millet Bars are a delicious snack that will keep you satisfied when hunger hits! (gluten free, vegan, refined sugar free)
Looking for a midday pick-me-up?
These healthy Coconut, Puffed Millet, and Date Bars are the perfect energy filled snack to get you through the day!
Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm obsessed with snacking. I seriously could snack all day rather than eating complete meals.
Another thing I’m obsessed with is NuttZo Power Fuel Nut and Seed Butter. It's SO good!! So good, that I can eat half of it with a spoon straight out of the jar! Plus, it's organic, Paleo, and made with no added sugars or oils (that gets an A+ in my book!).
So, these bars are pretty much my favorite snack bars. They are great as a grab-and-go breakfast, as a pre or post-workout snack, or even as a guilt-free dessert.
If you make this recipe, take a photo and tag #bakedambrosia on Instagram and Facebook so that I can see your creations and feature them on Instagram! To stay up to date with the latest recipes, follow Baked Ambrosia on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. ♡
Coconut, Date, and Puffed Millet Bars (Gluten Free + Vegan)
- 1 ½ cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup puffed millet
- ⅓ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup about 6 Medjool dates, pitted and diced
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup nut butter I used NuttZo Power Fuel
- ½ cup honey or maple syrup if vegan
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 oz. dark chocolate melted for topping
- Line an 9x9” square pan with parchment paper. Set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the rolled oats, puffed millet, shredded coconut, dates, chia seeds, sesame seeds, and salt.
- To a small saucepan, add nut butter, honey (or maple syrup), and coconut oil. Heat over medium low heat until smooth. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour the nut butter mixture over the dry oat mixture and stir until all of the dry ingredients are coated.
- Pour the mixture into prepared pan and press into an even layer. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Cut into 12 bars. Drizzle melted chocolate over bars.
- Store bars in an air tight bag or container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.