All the best Greek favors come together in the cheesiest and most delicious Greek quesadillas with Spicy Yogurt Sauce!
Greek Chicken Quesadillas are exactly what has been missing from your life.
Seriously. These might be the cheesiest (and most genius!) things that I have made in a longgg time.
Cheesy, melty, filled with delicious Greek flavors, and the best way to take an ordinary quesadilla to the NEXT level.
This is a completely Greek take on a Mexican classic. Instead of tortillas, these quesadillas are made with pita bread and are stuffed with feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, chicken, thyme, and the best golden, mildly piquant peperoncini.
Mezzetta Peperoncini are grown on Greek farms and their pleasant taste and fruity flavor reflects the spirit of the Greek land and its people. Since 1935, Mezzetta has delivered adventure in every jar, using only the best and freshest ingredients. They have time-tested techniques for brining, pickling, and marinating to ensure perfection in every bite. I love to use Mezzetta Peperoncini to brighten meals, adding flavorful contrast and complexity to turn the boring into WOW!
Mezzetta helps transform everyday recipes into crave-worthy dishes - like these Greek quesadillas. Peperoncini are also great on top of pizzas, in salads, in dips ... the options are endless. They add such a ridiculous amount of flavor. A pop of deliciousness that an otherwise boring quesadilla is just lacking, you know?
The other part about these quesadillas that I find completely necessary is the spicy yogurt sauce. I can't get enough.
We're talking real simple. Greek yogurt, hot sauce, a little thyme, a dash of salt, and a sprinkle of paprika. I can eat this stuff by the spoonful.
So get in the kitchen and whip up these Greek quesadillas and don't leave out the spicy yogurt sauce. AND make sure you visit Mezzetta and enter their national sweepstakes with Chef'd for a chance to win 52 meal kits (plus a 10% coupon just for entering!).
OKAY, there's nothing else I want to share with you right now. Except perhaps one of these quesadillas and an ice cold beer.
Greek Quesadillas with Spicy Yogurt Sauce
Spicy Yogurt Sauce
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme chopped
- salt to taste
- Make the spicy yogurt sauce by combining yogurt, hot sauce, paprika, thyme, and salt in a small bowl. Mix well to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add ½ tbsp olive oil. Add 1 pita half, cut side up and top with a mozzarella, crumbled feta, chicken, peperoncini, sun-dried tomatoes, dill, and black pepper. Top with the matching pita half, cut-side down.
- Cook until the cheese begins to melt and the bottom pita is golden, about 2 minutes. Carefully flip the pita and cook until the other side is golden, about 2 more minutes.
- Repeat with remaining pitas and ingredients. Cut quesadillas into fourths and serve warm with spicy yogurt sauce.