Shrimp Fra Diavolo Sauce with Spinach over Spaghetti that’s perfect for a weeknight meal! Made in under 20 minutes, this simple pasta dinner is sure to please everyone!
So here's the deal. This beautiful Shrimp Fra Diavolo Pasta recipe has your name written all over it. It's spicy, garlicky, saucy, and loaded with delicious shrimp. Plus, theres spinach so you're also getting a serving of veggies to balance out all of the carbs. Right? This is the perfect weeknight meal that is quick enough to pull together after a long and exhausting day. With only a few ingredients and a huge punch of flavor, this pasta dish is even fancy enough to serve to your guests or even for a romantic date night.
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dry red pepper flakes
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 14.5-oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 8-oz can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 1 tsp dry basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 pound spaghetti or linguine
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet. Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Cook 1 minute and transfer to a large plate. Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet over medium heat. Cook diced onion until translucent and soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook 1 minute.
- Add white wine and cook until alcohol evaporates.
- Add diced tomatoes with their juices, tomato sauce, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Simmer until sauce slightly thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring water to a boil in a large pot. Cook pasta to al dente.
- Mix baby spinach to tomato sauce and cook until slightly wilted. Add shrimp along with any juices that have accumulated to the sauce.
- Serve over pasta.
- Serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese and extra red pepper flakes, if desired.