Everyone has the perfect costume picked out, and it's hard to ignore the spooky atmosphere all around you. It's official: Halloween is coming. But there's still something missing. To make this Halloween the best one yet, you need Halloween-themed treats that are just as spectacular as the decorations adorning your home.
If you're craving a delicious recipe that will help put you in the Halloween spirit, cookie dough rice krispie treats can do just that. My simple, step-by-step guide to making Halloween rice krispie treats is exactly what you need to satisfy your sweet tooth. Here are all the answers to the questions you might have about this timeless recipe.
What are the different parts of a cookie dough rice krispie treat?
A typical cookie dough rice krispie treat has two separate parts: a rice krispie layer and a cookie dough layer. For the rice krispie layer, you'll need 3 tablespoons of butter, 16 ounces of mini marshmallows, half a teaspoon of salt and 6 cups of puffed rice cereal.
The cookie dough layer requires one and a half sticks of butter, half a cup of brown sugar, one-third cup of sugar, three tablespoons of milk, one and a half teaspoons of vanilla, two and a quarter cups of flour, a three-quarter teaspoon of salt and one cup of mini chocolate chips.
How can I decorate my rice krispie treats?
Decorating cookie dough rice krispie treats is simple and fun. To create a design that's perfect for your Halloween celebration, grab 5-ounces white chocolate chips, 5-ounces of dark chocolate chips, candy eyes and Halloween-themed sprinkles. These ingredients will help your treats look perfect for any Halloween party.
How can I create a "mummy" look with my Halloween rice krispie treats?
To pull off the perfect "mummy" design, start by melting white chocolate chips in a double boiler. Next, dip your rice krispie treats into the melted white chocolate and coat each side. Place the result on a parchment-lined baking sheet and keep it refrigerated for 5 minutes.
After the chocolate sets, fill a Ziploc bag with the remaining melted chocolate. Snip a tiny bit off one of the bottom corners and drizzle chocolate over your treats in a zig-zag patten. Finally, add 2 candy eyes or 2 mini chocolate chips for eyes and place your creation back in the refrigerator for another 5 minutes.
What's the best way to make the dough for my rice krispie treats?
To ensure that your cookie dough treats hold up well, it's crucial to make the dough effectively. Begin by using an electric mixer to cream softened butter with sugars in a medium bowl. Once the butter and sugar mix is pale and fluffy, add milk, vanilla, salt and flour. Continue mixing until the dough is fully formed.
There you have it! I hope you enjoy creating these delicious cookie dough rice krispie treats. Whether you plan on sharing them with friends and family or handing them out to trick-or-treaters, they're sure to be a huge hit.
More Recipes You'll Love!
Brooklyn Blackout Cupcakes - made with dark chocolate and stuffed with a rich chocolate pudding.
Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts - perfect breakfast treat for cool fall mornings.
Red Wine Chocolate Cake - the only chocolate cake recipe you need!
Spooky Ghost Marshmallow Brownies - rich and delicious fudgy brownies.
Pumpkin Pie Layer Brownies - serve them at your Halloween Party or Thanksgiving Dinner!
As you try this and other recipes on my blog, I’d love to hear from you. Take a photo and tag #bakedambrosia on Instagram and Facebook so that I can see your creations and feature them on Instagram! If you loved this recipe make sure to leave a rating below! To stay up to date with the latest recipes, follow Baked Ambrosia on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. ♡
- 3 tbsp (42 g) butter
- 16 oz (454 g) mini marshmallows
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 cups (160 g) puffed rice cereal
- ¾ cup butter (170 g), room temperature
- ½ cup (110 g) brown sugar
- ⅓ cup (67 g) sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) milk
- 1 /2 tsp vanilla
- 2 ¼ cups (281 g) flour
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 cup (200 g) mini chocolate chips
- Add the butter in a large pot, and melt over medium heat. When melted, reduce the heat to low and whisk in marshmallows. Once the mixture has completely melted, stir in salt and puffed rice cereal.
- Line a 9 x 13 inch pan with parchment paper. Press the puffed rice mixture into the pan and let set for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make cookie dough by creaming softened butter with sugars in a medium bowl with an electric mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Once pale and fluffy, add milk, vanilla, salt, and flour. Mix until dough forms. Fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Spread cookie dough over set puffed rice mixture. Refrigerate 30 minutes, or until cookie dough sets.
- Slice into squares.
- Melt the white chocolate and dark chocolate in the microwave or over a double boiler. Dip rice krispie treats into melted chocolates and decorate with sprinkles. Refrigerate until chocolate hardens.
- To make mummies: Dip rice krispie treats into the melted white chocolate, making sure to coat all sides. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place treats in refrigerator for 5 minutes for chocolate to set. Fill a small zip top bag with remaining melted chocolate. Snip a tiny bit off one of the bottom corners. Drizzle chocolate over treats in a zig-zag patten to create "mummy" look. Add 2 mini chocolate chips for eyes and return to refrigerator for another 5 minutes. Serve, or store in an air tight container for up to 1 week.
Keywords: cookie dough rice krispie treats, Halloween rice krispie treats, rice krispie treats, no-bake cookie dough