Healthy Pumpkin Coffee Cake – A perfectly moist pumpkin bundt cake with a crunchy brown sugar walnut streusel topping.
Healthy Pumpkin Coffee Cake. With a cinnamon walnut streusel topping. ARE YOU EVEN READY?!
Ok, I know it’s the end of January and pumpkin season is technically over but, let’s be real; we all want pumpkin right now anyway. Or pretty much any time of year.
Who said pumpkin can only be eaten in the fall anyway?
You might be a little skeptical of me right now with all this pumpkin talk, but hear me out.
Once you lay off the pumpkin for a month or so, you’re going to realize what’s always been true …
and its that pumpkin and brown sugar and all those delicious spices will always be the PERFECT choice for all your basic weekend sweet needs.
And its not so bad for you, so your New Year’s resolutions don’t have to go out the window.
This Pumpkin Coffee Cake is so moist and delicious. The inside is lighter than you would expect with a delicate crumb. It is bursting with the rich flavor of pumpkin and spices and brown sugar.
On top, there is a walnut streusel which adds the perfect crunch and really brings the whole cake together.
I mentioned before that you can enjoy a slice of this cake without feeling guilty.
Greek yogurt replaces any oil or butter. I use whole wheat flour instead of regular white flour for the added nutritional value. And replaced some of the flour with oat flour and ground flaxseeds. Why? Because summer body goals.
I made this cake on the first real NYC snow day.
And let me tell you; it was perfect. Paired with a warm cup of coffee. Yum.
This coffee cake would make the ideal treat for a chilly winter brunch, or a snowy morning. Trust me on this one.
Healthy Pumpkin Coffee Cake
A perfectly moist pumpkin bundt cake with a crunchy brown sugar walnut streusel topping.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 10-12 servings 1x
- Category: Cake
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a bundt pan and set aside.
- To make the topping: Combine the sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, and walnuts. Add the melted butter, stirring just until well combined. Set the topping aside.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, yogurt, eggs, and vanilla until combined. Add sugar and brown sugar.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oat flour, flaxseed meal, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until just combined.
- Pour into prepared bundt pan.
- Sprinkle the topping over the batter.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.