These Pineapple Chipotle Short Rib Sliders are sweet, spicy, and tangy - the ultimate football food for game day parties!
Trust me, it's impossible to stop at only one of these amazing Pineapple Chipotle Short Rib Sliders.
We have a little bit of a sweet and spicy thing going on here and I'm absolutely loving it! The contrast in flavor makes these ridiculously addicting from the first bite.
Sweetness, spice and tangy - your taste buds are dancing.
These little bites of heaven are made with slow cooked short ribs and topped with a refreshing crunchy slaw. And the buns. The buns are SO good.
Sliders are way cuter than regular sized buns. Plus, you can eat two or three and still feel good about life.
Pepperidge Farm Bakery Classics are always baked the right way - with high quality premium ingredients, no high fructose corn syrup, and no artificial flavors. Pepperidge Farm Slider Buns come in five amazing flavors - white, sesame, potato, sweet & soft, and wheat.
Sometimes, big flavors come in small sizes!
Pineapple Chipotle Short Rib Sliders
- 1 small pineapple cleaned
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 2 lbs boneless beef short ribs
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 7- oz can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 cup beef stock or chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 slider buns
- 4 cups cabbage thinly sliced
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- salt to taste
- additional lime and cilantro for servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Puree pineapple in food processor or blender until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in large dutch oven over medium high heat. Brown short ribs, about 2 minutes on each side. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to dutch oven and cook chopped onion until soft, about 5 minutes. Add pureed pineapple, pineapple juice, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, stock, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, return short ribs to dutch oven. Cover and place in oven for 2 - 2 ½ hours, or until short ribs are fork tender.
- Remove from oven and shred.
- Serve in slider buns topped with slaw.
- To make the slaw, combine cabbage, cilantro, lime juice, mayonnaise, and salt in a medium size bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
For more recipe inspiration, as well as a coupon for $1 off, visit Pepperidge Farm.