Roasted Chicken and Potatoes topped with tasty Green Herb Sauce - easy one pan meal full of bold flavors!
I'm a huge fan of one pan meals (like this one, and this one). I'm not sure if it's the convenience of putting all the ingredients in one pan or the fact that you can stick it in the oven and relax for an hour or so. Either way, one-pan meals are the way to go!
Aside from one-pan meals, I'm also a fan of chicken with potatoes. You can find more chicken and potato dinner ideas here, or here. I love using different cuts of chicken and different types of potatoes.
This recipe is a spin on the classic lemon roasted chicken.
Since I left the skin on the chicken, I used butter instead of olive oil in order to get a deeper color. I also didn't add too much lemon to the dish because the real star is the Green Herb Sauce.
It is so simple to make! Just throw all the ingredients into a food processor and pulse a few times. The herb sauce gets brushed over the hot chicken as soon as it comes out of the oven. The flavors mingle together and stick onto the perfectly roasted chicken. Your nose will thank you!
More Recipes You'll Love
Healthy Lemon Chicken and Sweet Potatoes - easy and simple no-fuss meal with classic Greek flavors.
Grilled Pineapple Chicken Skewers - paired with a refreshing cilantro lime slaw.
Honey Mustard Chicken and Potatoes - a family favorite!
Grilled Steak with Sweet Potato Fries and Chimichurri - loaded with so much savory goodness.
Grilled Shrimp Tacos - full of delicious, healthy, & fresh ingredients.
If you make this recipe, take a photo and tag #bakedambrosia on Instagram and Facebook so that I can see your creations and feature them on Instagram! To stay up to date with the latest recipes, follow Baked Ambrosia on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. ♡
Roasted Chicken and Potatoes with Herb Sauce
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp <a class="zem_slink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mustard_%28condiment%29" title="Mustard condiment" rel="wikipedia" target="_blank">Dijon mustard
- ½ cup fresh mint
- ½ cup parsley
- 1 tbsp capers
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, salt, pepper, rosemary, garlic, and juice of one lemon.
- In a large roasting pan, arrange potato wedges in a single layer. Coat potatoes with ⅓ of the butter mixture. Toss to combine.
- Place chicken pieces over the potatoes. Rub the rest of the butter mixture onto chicken.
- Cut remaining lemon into wedges and arrange over potatoes and chicken.
- Roast in oven 1 ½ hours, or until chicken reaches 170°F.
- While the chicken and potatoes are roasting, prepare the herb sauce.
- In a small food processor, combine all ingredients. Process just until finely chopped (you don't want a paste!).
- When the chicken is cooked, remove from oven. Immediately top chicken pieces with herb sauce and let sit 10 minutes before cutting. Use remaining sauce for serving.