Learn how to grill the perfect tomahawk ribeye steak. Serve this impressive cut of meat with Spicy Barbecue Relish, grilled asparagus, and potato wedges for a meal everyone will love!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TheFreshMarket #TFMGetGrilling #Collectivebias.
Fire up your grills! It’s barbecue time.
What are your plans this 4th of July?! Are you celebrating on Wednesday or on the weekend?
Holidays should be all about stress-free entertaining so this Independence Day I’m teaming up with The Fresh Market to bring to you the ultimate 4th of July feast! We are celebrating with the tastiest ingredients of the season, premium steak, and festive decorations. The best part is that you can pick up everything you need at The Fresh Market!
The Fresh Market is a specialty grocer known for providing the best selection of specialty products and high quality foods. From seasonally fresh produce, to top-of-the-line meat and seafood, to freshly baked goods, The Fresh Market is a one-stop-shop for all of your grocery needs.
So, let’s talk steak – Grilled Black Peppercorn Tomahawk Ribeye with Sweet Barbecue Relish.
The Fresh Market’s Premium Choice Tomahawk Ribeye is an impressive cut that is ideal for the grill. The large rib bone provides tons of flavor, and is large enough to feed up to four, making it perfect for a celebration! [this is a special item and is available while supplies last just in time for the 4th of July]
Weighing in at just over 3 pounds, Tomahawk ribeyes can be a bit intimidating. But, don’t worry – I’m sharing with you a foolproof method that will give you the perfect grilled steak every time.
I love to serve the steak with a Spicy Barbecue Relish. It is sweet and spicy and highly addictive. To complete the meal, grill up some asparagus and potato wedges.
Visit The Fresh Market for all the ingredients to make this Independence Day especially delicious!
If you make this recipe, take a photo and tag #bakedambrosia on Instagram and Facebook so that I can see your creations and feature them on Instagram! To stay up to date with the latest recipes, follow Baked Ambrosia on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. ♡
Grilled Black Peppercorn Tomahawk Ribeye with Spicy Barbecue Relish
- 1-3 pound Tomahawk ribeye
- 2 tbsp black peppercorns
- 2 tbsp sea salt
Spicy Barbecue Relish
- 1 onion quartered
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 can 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
Grilled Asparagus and Potatoes
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 3 lbs gold potatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the black peppercorns and sea salt in a mortar and crush with a pestle.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Prepare it for indirect grilling method by lighting only the outside burners.
- Brush the steak with oil and season both sides with the peppercorn mixture, pressing it into the meat. Place the meat on the grill between the two lit burners. Cover and cook 15-20 minutes, on each side. Check meat with a thermometer until it reaches desired internal temperature. Once done, remove steak from grill and set aside and cover with foil to rest for at least 15 minutes. Slice the steak and serve with spicy barbecue relish.
- To make the spicy barbecue relish, place the onion and garlic in a small food processor and process until finely chopped. Heat olive oil in a saucepan over high heat and add the onion/garlic mixture. Cook for 4–5 minutes or until the onion is soft. Add the red pepper flakes and cook 1 minute. Stir in paprika, mustard powder, and salt. Add the tomatoes, sugar, honey, Worcestershire sauce, and vinegar and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for 20–25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Grilled Asparagus and Potatoes
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over hight heat. Once boiling cook 8-10 minutes. Drain potatoes and cut into wedges.
- Heat grill to medium high heat. Toss potato wedges and asparagus with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Grill 8 minutes, flipping half way through. Remove from grill and serve warm.
Click here for more grilling inspirations or ideas!