Skip the nachos – these Loaded Mexican Street Fries are so delicious and addicting! Baked Mexican-spiced fries piled high with juicy-shredded beef, salsa, guacamole, and Cotija cheese.
Let’s take a little trip south of the boarder today and indulge in some Loaded Mexican Street Fries.
Ok, ok, a last minute trip to go eat some Mexican street food isn’t practical, but we can most definitely eat like we’re there. And maybe if we close our eyes and let our imaginations run wild, we can pretend we are there too.
So, Loaded Mexican Street Fries.
I was going to share a loaded nacho recipe with you guys for my Cinco de Mayo recipe-themed week but, that seemed a little basic. I wanted something different and fun and epic.
AND these Loaded Mexican Street Fries, my friends, are epic. Seriously.
Every layer of this platter is delicious on its own, but when they’re all piled up on top of each other, they create an amazing and addicting dish for fry lovers everywhere!
These street fries start with a bed of baked Mexican-spiced fries. Yes, I said baked – let’s not forget summer is only a month away… (you can also go with baked sweet potato fries. your life, your choice!).
You could also add black beans, corn, crema, and/or pretty much anything else you could think of.
So, grab an ice cold Corona and let’s dive face-first into these Loaded Mexican Street Fries.Print
Skip the nachos – these Loaded Mexican Street Fries are so delicious and addicting! Baked Mexican spiced French fries piled high with juicy-shredded beef, salsa, guacamole, and Cotija cheese.
- 1/2 recipe shredded Mexican beef
- 3 pounds russet potatoes
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4–1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large avocados mashed with a squirt of lime juice, chopped cilantro + salt and pepper to taste
- sliced jalapeno
- thinly sliced radish
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- Cotija cheese, crumbled
- lime wedges
- Prepare Shredded Mexican beef according to directions.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cut potatoes into fries, about 1/2-inch thick and place in a large bowl.
- Add chili powder, garlic powder, oregano, paprika, cayenne, salt, pepper, and oil to bowl. Toss to combine until potatoes are evenly coated with seasonings.
- Divide potatoes on the two baking sheets and spread them out into a single layer.
- Bake 20 minutes, then remove from oven, flip the fries and bake another 15-20 minutes, or until fries are crispy.
- Place fries on a large plate or platter. Top with shredded beef, mashed avocado, and salsa. Sprinkle crumbled Cotija cheese, chopped cilantro, and jalapeno slices. Serve with sliced radishes and lime wedges.