Delicious and simple to make Lemon Shrimp Orzo Bowls with Broccolini — the perfect meal that can be eaten for tonight’s dinner and also packed for tomorrow’s lunch!
Say hello to another stereotypical healthy Monday recipe.
Since Monday’s seem to be the designated “I’m going to change my lifestyle by eating healthy and hitting up the gym tonight” day, I figured I’ll share the perfect meal with you guys.
Today we’re making shrimp orzo bowls. Not only is this recipe super healthy, but it is delicious, fast to prepare, and so pretty! Perfect for a Monday meal, right?? Plus, you can also meal prep this dish and have it for lunch throughout the week.
All you need is some shrimp, orzo (rice or quinoa will work really good in this recipe too), broccolini, and little olive oil, garlic, red pepper, and of course lots of lemon.
TIP: If you plan on meal prepping this recipe, I suggest purchasing glass food containers. My favorite are these Rubbermaid Food Storage Containers.
Have a great week guys!
Lemon Shrimp Orzo Bowls with Broccolini
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- 8 oz orzo
- 1 lb medium shrimp
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 5 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 2 small bunches broccolini
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 lemons
- Place shrimp in a large plate and season with 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes and salt.
- Cook orzo to al dente, according to package. Drain, and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Set aside
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute 2 cloves of garlic and place half of the shrimp in skillet and cook 1 minute on each side. Finish off with juice of 1/2 lemon. Remove from skillet, place on a clean plate and repeat with remaining shrimp, finishing off with the juice of the remaining half lemon. Set shrimp aside.
- Fill a large, shallow pot with 1 1/2-2 inches of water. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, add broccolini, cover pot, and lower heat. Steam about 5 minutes, or until broccolini is fork tender. Remove from pot and immediately place in an ice bath.
- Heat remaining 1 tbsp olive oil in the skillet used for the shrimp. Add remaining minced garlic, and 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes. Saute about 20 seconds. Add cooked broccolini to skillet and saute in oil and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Squeeze juice of 1 lemon over broccolini and let it cook down about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Assemble your bowls by starting out with orzo. Add shrimp, along with any juices they might have accumulated. Top with broccolini. Use remaining lemon to squeeze on top, if desired.