A hearty Vegetable Lasagna with Zucchini Lattice - layers of ricotta, veggies, marinara sauce, noodles, and mozzarella cheese make the perfect filling vegetarian lasagna!
Today I'm sharing with you my favorite vegetarian lasagna recipe.
Vegetable Lasagna with Zucchini Lattice. This is no regular vegetarian lasagna. This has five different vegetables, each bursting with flavor, along with a delicious marinara sauce, ricotta cheese, and lots of mozzarella. And just look at how gorgeous the zucchini lattice is!
Despite having a pretty good amount of cheese, this lasagna really isn’t that bad for you. Other than the cheese, it truly is all veggies and a few lasagna noodles.
Summer squash, zucchini, mushrooms, carrots - so much fresh flavor right there. And the marinara sauce is completely homemade! The veggies are steamed and then mixed into the marinara sauce. The cheese filling is ricotta, shredded mozzarella, and some fresh basil. Everything is layered between lasagna noodles and topped with the most over achiever topping you ever did see.
This is the perfect meal for summertime. Its comfort food meets fresh seasonal produce. Its also a super easy way to sneak in lots of vegetables. And if you have any picky eaters in your house, I'm sure they will devour this lasagna because it truly tastes like heaven!
If you make this recipe, take a photo and tag #bakedambrosia on Instagram and Facebook so that I can see your creations and feature them on Instagram! To stay up to date with the latest recipes, follow Baked Ambrosia on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. ♡
Vegetable Lasagna with Zucchini Lattice (vegetarian)
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion quartered
- 1 carrot
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 28- oz can San Marzano tomatoes crushed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 3 zucchinis diced
- 2 yellow squash diced
- 2 cups mushrooms diced
- 1 15- oz container ricotta
- 3 cups 12 oz mozarella, shredded
- 1 ¼ cups parmesan shredded (divided)
- ¼ cup basil chopped
- 1 package no-boil lasagna noodles
- 3 zucchinis thinly sliced lengthwise
- Begin by making the marinara sauce. Place herbs, garlic, onion, and carrot in a food processor and process until chopped.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom saucepan over medium high heat. Transfer herb/vegetable mixture to saucepan and saute for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, sugar, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine. Bring to a simmer, then continue cooking for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Steam carrots, zucchini, yellow squash, and mushroom for 5 minutes, or until tender. Mix with marinara sauce.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta, shredded mozzarella, 1 cup parmesan, and basil. Stir to combine.
- Arrange the thinly sliced zucchini over paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and set aside.
- Assemble lasagna by spreading ½ cup marinara/vegetable mixture over bottom of a 9 x 13 -inch baking dish. Cover with a layer of noodles, arranging crosswise. Spread ¼ of the cheese mixture over noodles, then top with 1 cup sauce. Repeat 3 more times. Spread any remaining sauce over.
- Pat down thinly sliced zucchini slices to remove any excess water. Arrange in a lattice pattern over lasagna. Sprinkle with ¼ cup parmesan.
- Bake lasagna uncovered with for 50 minutes to 1 hour. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes and serve.