This Strawberry Coconut Water Tequila Smash is a refreshing cocktail filled with fresh strawberries, mint, a touch of lime juice, coconut water, and tequila!
Oh hi! I’ve got the perfect warm weather drink for you today:
Strawberry Coconut Water Tequila Smash.
It’s simple, delicious, and absolutely FABULOUS – trust me, you’re going to love this one.
Plus, it’s made with tequila, which is perfect timing since Cinco de Mayo is in a few days.
I love using fresh fruit in cocktails and I especially love smashes because you can cut down on added sugars by skipping out on the simple syrup. A tablespoon of sugar is all you need.
My favorite part about this drink (aside from the tequila) is that it is sooo easy to make.
First, you muddle strawberries with a pinch of sugar and mint. Then you add some lime juice, tequila, and top with coconut water. Pour over ice and DONE!
As a nutritionist and health coach, living an active/healthy lifestyle is what I strongly believe in! I love to spread that message to both my clients and my readers. I feature healthy recipes and tips on my Instagram that fit this lifestyle.
Strawberry Coconut Water Tequila Smash
- 12 oz hulled strawberries quartered
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh mint chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 10 oz silver tequila
- 3 cups coconut water
- crushed ice
- mint leaves and lime wedges for serving
- In a large pitcher, use a large wooden spoon or muddler to smash strawberries, sugar, chopped mint, and juice of 1 lime. Let sit 5 minutes.
- Add tequila and coconut water and stir to combine.
- To serve, pour over crushed ice. Garnish with mint leaves and lime wedges. Enjoy!