These Mini Key Lime Pies have all the components of the classic key lime pie baked into individual servings. Each mini pie has a buttery and crispy graham cracker crust filled with a velvety lime filling that is the perfect balance of sweet and zesty. Top with a swirl of toasted sweet meringue and lime slices for the ultimate summer treat!
If you love key lime pie, you'll love this easy, individualized version of the classic dessert. Crispy graham cracker crusts are filled with a 5 ingredient smooth and creamy filling. These mini pies are incredibly easy to bake and make the most delicious dessert to serve. I like to top my pies lightly toasted meringue, but you can also top them with a dollop of whipped cream.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Easy to bake with only 7 ingredients
- Less than 30 minutes of bake time
- Perfect balance of sweet and sour thanks to the acidity of lime and sweetness of the condensed milk
- Individual portions are great for parties, potlucks, and celebrations
Key Lime Pie Ingredients
These mini key lime pies are made with ONLY 7 ingredients! Here is what you will need:
- Graham crackers
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Key limes - If you cannot find key limes, use regular limes!
- Vanilla extract
- Eggs - the key lime filling calls for two egg yolks. Save the egg whites for the meringue topping!
For a complete list of ingredients with amounts and instructions, scroll down to the recipe card.
How to make Individual Key Lime Pies
Once baked, allow the pies to cool to room temperature, and then chill the pies for at least 2 hours or overnight. Top with chilled pies with meringue and then use a kitchen torch to gently toast the tops. Top with a lime wedge and serve.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! You can bake this recipe in an 8-in tart pan. The ingredient measurements and baking times remain the same.
Yes, if you cannot find Key limes, you can use regular limes.
You can use bottled lime juice, but I recommend using fresh squeezed juice for the best taste.
More recipes you'll love!
If you make this Milano cookie recipe, take a photo and tag #bakedambrosia on Instagram and Facebook so that I can see your creations and feature them on Instagram! To stay up to date with the latest recipes, follow Baked Ambrosia on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. ♡
Mini Key Lime Pies
- Food processor
- Muffin or cupcake pan
- Mixing bowl
- Double boiler
- Stand mixer or hand mixer
- Kitchen torch
- ½ cup butter melted
- 13 graham crackers full sheets
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks save the white for the meringue
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with liners and set aside.
- To make the crust, process the graham crackers in a food processor until fine crumbs. Add melted butter and mix until combined. Evenly divide the mixture into the prepared pan (about 25 g of crust each). Firmly press the crust mixture into the bottom and sides of each cavity. Bake for 7 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.13 graham crackers
- Whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, zest, vanilla, egg, and egg yolks. Pour into the baked crusts (about 45 g of filling per pie). Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the filling is set. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Chill the pies for at least 2 hours or overnight.1 can sweetened condensed milk, ⅓ cup lime juice, 1 tbsp lime zest, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 egg, 2 egg yolks
- Whisk egg whites and sugar in a heat-resistant bowl over a double boiler. Whisk until the egg whites reach 150°F. Remove from the heat and beat with a hand mixer or in a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment until the meringue has cooled completely and stiff peaks are formed.2 egg whites, ½ cup sugar
- Transfer the meringue to a piping bag fitted with a piping tip. Pipe the meringue on the chilled pies and then use a kitchen torch to gently toast the tops. Top with lime zest and a lime wedge. Serve.
- Storage: Store leftover pies covered in the refrigerator (covered) for up to 1 week.
- Make ahead: You can prepare the pies up to 1 day in advance and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Topping: If you are not a fan of meringue, you can top the pies with whipped cream.
- Full size key lime pie: You can bake this recipe in an 8-inch tart pan. The ingredient measurements and baking times remain the same.
- Can I use regular limes in place of Key limes? Yes, if you cannot find Key limes, you can use regular limes.
- Can I use bottled lime juice for Key Lime Pie? You can use bottled lime juice, but I recommend using fresh squeezed juice for the best taste.
Photos by Liz @ Buuck Farms Bakery