The only margarita recipe you need to keep the tequila flowing this Labor Day Weekend - Blackberry Margaritas with a secret ingredient that will have your guests asking for seconds!
Two words: BLACKBERRY.MARGARITAS.
The flavor. The color! Make a hugeee pitcher of this for your friends this Labor Day weekend because it’s the unofficial end of summer and we need to enjoy as much outdoor day drinking as possible!
If you don't know me by now, I can never pass up a good margarita. Back when I first turned 21, tequila was my choice of drink. Fast forward 5 years later, and I'm still not sick of it (unlike other liquors that even the slight mention of them makes me cringe. ahhh the good old college days).
I've always wanted to love frozen margaritas as much as all of my friends do, but I am a 100% "on the rocks" type girl. I also really wanted to love salt on the rim, but it's just not my thing. Unless I make the margarita myself, which in that case I use a mixture of salt, sugar, and lime zest. Oh.My.God. I might be pouring myself a glass right now. Don't judge, please.
The perfect margarita is tart [helloooo fresh lime juice] with a touch of sweet. Fruit in the drink is for special occasions. Like this weekend!
I can't decide if I'm sad that it's the unofficial end of summer or if I'm ready to have my first pumpkin spice latte. Either way, it's a long weekend and Labor Day so we're celebrating with BBQs and blackberry margaritas.
Whenever I make margaritas at home, I use a secret ingredient - Agavero Orange - always.
Agavero Orange is a tequila based liqueur which makes ordinary margaritas extraordinary. It adds the perfect orange taste and brightens the drink. If I leave it out, I feel like something is just ... missing.
Now, that I've let you in on my margarita secret, make a large pitcher of Blackberry Margaritas for your friends and family this Labor Day weekend. And don't forget the Agavero Orange - it'll be your dance partner, party pleaser, and top-secret ingredient!
Blackberry Margaritas with Agavero
- 2 cups blackberries fresh or frozen
- 1 lime juiced
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 10 oz silver tequila
- 8 oz Agavero Orange
- 8 oz lime juice
- 1 tbsp coarse sea salt
- ½ cup sugar
- zest of 2 limes
- crushed ice for serving
- extra lime wedges for serving
- Place blackberries and juice of 1 lime in a sauce pan over low heat. Heat until berries become soft and begin to burst. Transfer mixture to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Add pureed blackberries back to saucepan, along with sugar, and 1 cup water. Bring to a simmer. Simmer for 2 minutes, then remove from heat and bring to room temperature.
- In a large pitcher, mix cooled blackberry syrup, tequila, Agavero Orange, and lime juice. Stir to combine.
- In a shallow bowl, combine salt, sugar, and lime zest.
- Rim each glass with a lime wedge and dip into salt/sugar mixture. Fill cups with crushed ice. Pour drink over ice and serve with extra lime wedges.