This easy-to-prepare Peach Crumble Tart is juicy, sweet, crispy and, buttery with a hint of cinnamon. It's great fresh out of the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
I can't believe I've gone all summer without a peach recipe!
Even though it's Labor Day, it's technically still summer and we are still in peach season. Well, at least for another few days or so (ughh how many times have I said this in the past two weeks?!)
I needed my peach dessert fix before we officially go into pumpkin season. Last year I shared this No-Bake Peach Tart with you. Although I absolutely LOVE that tart, I wanted something a little more ... decadent this year.
a touch of cinnamon
and topped with vanilla ice cream, naturally.
So, let me walk you through this peach crumble tart. First, we have the base. It's not too sweet and makes the perfect bed for the juicy peaches. The filling is peaches + brown sugar + cinnamon. GUYSSS, if you don't put brown sugar and cinnamon in your peach filling, you are missing out.
Next comes my favorite part - the crumble. Oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, flour, salt, and buttahhh. Its crispy and sweet and salty and buttery and cinnamon-y all at the same time. Oh.So.Good. I love it so much that I use it on almost every crumble/crisp dessert I make.
Once the tart is baked to perfection, you have to top it off with a few scoops of vanilla ice cream and then dig in! Who needs plates anyway??
Ok guys, make sure you run to the store to pick up the last few good peaches of the season. Then, make this tart - it'll definitely hit the spot!!
And don't skip out on the ice cream.
Peach Crumble Tart
- ½ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 3 cups sliced peaches
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup cold butter cut into cubes
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In the bowl of food processor, or a mixing bowl, add melted butter, sugar, vanilla, and salt. Pulse or stir to combine. Mix in flour and combine until a soft dough forms. Press dough into an 8-inch tart shell and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Increase oven temperature to 350°F.
- Make the filling by combining sliced peaches, flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl. Toss to coat peaches. Pour the filling into the baked tart base.
- In a food processor (there's no need to clean the bowl from earlier) or mixing bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, flour, salt, and cinnamon. Mix to combine. Add cubes of cold butter and pulse 3-4 times to combine. If you aren't using a food processor, incorporate the butter using a fork or pastry blender. Sprinkle the crumble over the peaches and bake 30-35 minutes.
- Allow the tart to cool 30 minutes before removing from tart pan. Serve with vanilla ice cream.