Strawberry Crumble Cookies have a buttery base and topping, fresh strawberries, and sweet vanilla bean glaze! So easy & so tasty!
Turning strawberry bars into cookies was one of the best ideas I’ve had. With a buttery base and topping made with oats and brown sugar, and a fresh strawberry filling, these Strawberry Crumble Cookies are truly irresistible. And then the glaze – vanilla bean glaze. It’s completely optional, but highly recommended! They taste like a sweet summer day.
Strawberry Crumble Cookies Shopping List
- Rolled oats
- Granulated sugar
- Light brown sugar
- Baking soda
- Tapioca starch
- Vanilla bean paste
- Confectioner’s sugar
Let’s Talk Vanilla Bean Paste
Vanilla bean paste is added into the strawberries and the glaze to bring these cookies to the next level. You can substitute the paste with vanilla extract, but I strongly suggest trying it out with vanilla bean paste. Vanilla bean paste provides a more concentrated flavor because it is made out of the whole vanilla bean. My favorite is Rodelle Vanilla Paste. They use hand picked vanilla beans and support sustainable living in vanilla-growing regions. Their vanilla paste is so delicious with an intense flavor, so a little bit goes a long way!
How to Make Strawberry Oat Crumble Cookies
These Strawberry Crumble Cookies are so simple to make with just a few basic ingredients. There’s a simple flour, oat, brown sugar and butter base, which also doubles up as the crumble topping. Finely diced strawberries are tossed with a little bit of sugar, tapioca starch, and vanilla bean paste. And finally a sweet vanilla bean glaze to complete the cookies. This is my favorite kind of baking!
- Prepare strawberry filling
- Make crumb base + topping
- Fill cupcake pan with half of the crumb mixture & bake 10 minutes
- Remove from oven and spoon strawberries over base. Top with remaining crumble
- Bake 25-30 minutes
- Cool completely & chill 4 hours
- Top with glaze and enjoy!
I’m pretty certain these strawberry crumble cookies could pass for breakfast. You know, since they have oats and fruits … They are also delicious eaten a la mode or simply by themselves.
More Strawberry Recipes You’ll Love!
If you make this recipe, take a photo and tag #bakedambrosia on Instagram and Facebook so that I can see your creations and feature them on Instagram! To stay up to date with the latest recipes, follow Baked Ambrosia on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. ♡
Strawberry Crumble Cookies with Vanilla Bean Glaze
- 3 cups 400 g strawberries, finely diced
- 1/4 cup 55 g granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp 16 g tapioca starch (or cornstarch)
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- pinch of salt
Base + Topping
- 2 cups 320 g all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups 156 g rolled oats
- 1/2 cup 110 g light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup 55 g granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup 226 g butter, room temperature
- 1 cup 280 g confectioner's sugar
- 3-4 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Prepare strawberry filling: Place finely diced strawberries in a medium bowl. Add sugar, tapioca starch, vanilla bean paste, and salt. Toss to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 2 12-cup cupcake nonstick pans. Alternately, you can line the cupcake cavities with liners.
- Add flour, oats, sugars, baking soda, and salt to the bowl of an electric mixer. Mix on low speed to combine. Add butter and mix with the paddle attachment until butter is fully incorporated and mixture is crumbly. Set aside half of the crumb mixture.
- Fill the cupcake cavities with half of the crumb mixture for the base (about 2 tablespoons each). Press the mixture to pack it into the bottom of the pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove the pans from the oven. Carefully spoon the strawberry mixture over the base of each cookie. Top with remaining crumble and return to oven for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool completely. Place the cupcake pan in the refrigerator for 4 hours. Once cookies are chilled, use a small offset spatula to gently lift the cookies out of the pan. Drizzle with glaze and enjoy!
- Glaze: In a mixing bowl, combine confectioner's sugar, 3 tbsp milk, and vanilla bean paste. Whisk to combine. If glaze is too thick, add 1 tsp of milk at a time, until glaze is desired consistency.