Rich and decadent Fudgy Dark Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are a MUST this holiday season! Soft and chewy on the inside with a crackly exterior, these cookies are hard to resist.
If I had to choose only one cookie to eat for the rest of my life, it would most definitely be these Fudgy Dark Chocolate Crinkle Cookies aka heaven in cookie form. Honestly, these cookies are to die for!
They are pretty much everything I could ask for in a cookie - rich, decadent, chocolate-y, and chewy, with a slight crunch. Just imagine the best fudgy brownie you've ever eaten but in cookie form. Yes, please!
As somebody who has baked way more cookies than the average person, I can honestly say that these chocolate cookies are by far my favorite to make. They are SO simple and don't require any fancy equipment - just one mixing bowl.
Here are a few tips to get perfectly chewy and fudgy cookies:
- For the intense dark chocolate flavor and color, I use King Arthur Flour Black Cocoa.
- Allow the cookie dough to chill for at least 4 hours (or over night for the best results!). The dough is very sticky and a lot easier to manage once it has been chilled. Chilling the dough allows the flavors develop, and prevents the cookies from spreading during the baking process.
- Don't press down on the cookies once you have shaped them into balls. They will spread on their in the oven.
- The cookies will be very soft when they come out of the oven but will harden as they cool. Make sure you don't over bake them!
These cookies are great for dessert, or an any time of day sweet tooth cure. Kids and adults go crazy over them, and I'm sure your house will be Santa's favorite if you leave a couple out for him on Christmas Eve 😉. I find that these dark chocolate crinkle cookies are best enjoyed while they are still warm, but they are just as delicious and fudgy after they have cooled.
12 Days of Cookies
Day 4: Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti
Day 7: Cut-Out Pecan Sandies
If you make this recipe, take a photo and tag #bakedambrosia on Instagram and Facebook so that I can see your creations and feature them on Instagram! To stay up to date with the latest recipes, follow Baked Ambrosia on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. ♡
Fudgy Dark Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- 1 cup dark cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup powdered sugar for rolling
- In a large bowl, mix cocoa powder, sugar, and oil. Add eggs and beat until well combined. Mix in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to cocoa mixture and mix until there are no more floury spots. Shape dough into a flattened ball and wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Remove chilled dough from refrigerator and form 2 tablespoon size balls (about 2-oz each). Roll each ball in powdered sugar and arrange on cookie sheets, about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Enjoy!