These pistachio white chocolate cookies blend sweet, creamy white chocolate chips with the crunch of chopped pistachios in every bite! They’re the perfect mix of chewy and crispy, offering a mouthful of bliss that’s hard to resist.
These white chocolate pistachio cookies are a game-changer in the cookie world! They boast all the textures you crave – rich, chewy, with a golden brown finish, and packed with the nutty goodness of pistachios. The white chocolate adds a level of creamy decadence that’s hard to beat, making each cookie a luxurious treat.
Craving more cookie magic? Don’t miss out on our best cookies: White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies, Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies, Brown Butter Banana White Chocolate Chip Cookies, and the timeless Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Why pick this pistachio white chocolate cookie recipe among countless others?
First off, the combination of nutty pistachios and sweet white chocolate creates a delicious flavor that’s hard to beat. The crunchy pistachios paired with the chewy texture of these cookies make them stand out as a little different and absolutely delightful.
I’ve always been a big fan of the rich, buttery cookies that feel like a celebration in every bite, perfect for special occasions or just a treat-yourself day. This easy cookie recipe brings together all those elements, with a pistachio flavor that’s both luxurious and comforting.
What truly sets these cookies apart is how the crunchy pistachios pair with smooth white chocolate, creating a balance that’s hard to resist. Plus, this recipe is easy to make, ensuring you can whip up a batch whenever the craving strikes.
You can also forget the wait! This is a no-chill cookie recipe, meaning you can go from mixing bowl to oven without any downtime. Perfect for when you need cookies in a hurry. This saves on total time and gets those delicious treats into your hands (and mouth!) faster.
Whether you’re looking for an easy-to-make dessert that impresses or simply craving something delicious, these chewy cookies with nutty pistachios are your new go-to recipe.
Chewy Pistachio Cookies Baking Tips
To ensure your pistachio white chocolate chunk cookies are nothing short of delicious, here’s what you need to dial in:
- Flour – Accuracy is key. Weigh your flour if you can. If not, spoon it into the measuring cup and level it off. This technique guarantees a light, fluffy texture in your cookies.
- Sugars – A combination of white sugar and brown sugar gives these cookies their rich flavor and moist texture. The brown sugar adds chewiness, while the white sugar helps to create those slightly crisp edges.
- Extra Egg Yolk – This little secret is a game-changer! Adding an extra egg yolk to the dough makes these cookies exceptionally chewy. It enriches the dough, adding moisture that guarantees a tender crumb in every bite.
- White Chocolate – Opt for high-quality white chocolate chips or chunks. They melt beautifully, contrasting with the nutty pistachios for that perfect bite.
- Mixing – Mix the dough until it just comes together to avoid overworking it. Once the dough forms, fold in the pistachios and white chocolate by hand to evenly distribute them without breaking them down too much.
- Scooping/Size – A medium cookie scoop is your best friend here. It ensures uniform size and baking, leading to soft cookies with beautifully golden edges.
- Baking – Bake until the cookies are just set and the edges start to turn golden brown. Remember, they will continue to cook slightly from the residual heat after being removed from the oven, ensuring that soft, chewy center we all love.
How to Make These Pistachio White Chocolate Cookies
1. Prep Your Ingredients: Start by preheating your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line your baking sheets with parchment paper. Gather your ingredients: all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, unsalted butter at room temperature, white sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, roasted and salted pistachios (chopped), and high-quality white chocolate bars (chopped).
2. Whisk the Dry Ingredients: In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. This ensures your cookies have an even texture.
3. Cream the Butter and Sugars: In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and salt on medium-low speed until smooth and well-combined, about 4 minutes.
4. Add Eggs and Vanilla: Add in the eggs, egg yolk, and vanilla extract. Beat on low speed for an additional 2 minutes.
5. Combine the Dry and Wet Ingredients: Add in the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined, ensuring not to overmix.
6. Fold in Pistachios and White Chocolate: Fold in the chopped white chocolate and pistachios until evenly distributed in the dough.
7. Scoop: Using a scoop, portion out the cookie dough into 1.5 oz portions and place them on a lined baking sheet.
8. Bake: Bake in the preheated oven until edges are lightly golden. Once out of the oven, while cookies are still hot, press additional pistachio pieces and white chocolate chunks into the top of each cookie for a decorative touch.
9. Cooling: Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. This resting period helps the cookies set without becoming hard.
Tip: If you prefer crispier cookies, extend the baking time by an additional 2-3 minutes. This slight adjustment ensures the edges get a little crispier while still maintaining that irresistible chewy center. Perfect for those who love a bit of texture contrast in their cookies!
What are the best pistachios to use?
For these white chocolate pistachio cookies, go for shelled, roasted, and salted pistachio nuts. The roasting process intensifies their flavor, making them a perfect match for the sweet white chocolate. Plus, having them pre-shelled saves you time, and the hint of salt they bring perfectly offsets the sweetness of the other ingredients.
Not all white chocolate is created equal, especially when it comes to baking. The form of white chocolate you choose (be it chunks, chips, or bars) can significantly impact your cookies’ texture and how they spread on the baking sheet.
For this recipe, opt for high-quality white chocolate bars with a cocoa butter content that gives them a creamy, melt-in-your-mouth texture. Look for bars that specify they contain real cocoa butter, and aim for those labeled as “couverture” chocolate. This type of chocolate is designed for melting and baking, providing a smooth flavor that complements the nutty pistachios beautifully.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely! If you prefer unsalted pistachios, go ahead and use them. Just remember to add a pinch of salt to the dough to balance out the flavors. Salt enhances the sweetness of the white chocolate and the nuttiness of the pistachios.
White chocolate chips can be used as a substitute, but keep in mind that chips often contain stabilizers that prevent them from melting as smoothly as bars. For the best texture and flavor in your cookies, chopping up a white chocolate bar is preferred.
Store your cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. They’ll keep for up to a week, but they’re best enjoyed within the first few days for optimal chewiness and flavor.
Yes, the cookie dough freezes beautifully. Roll the dough into balls, place them on a baking sheet to freeze individually, then transfer them to a freezer-safe bag. Bake straight from the freezer, adding a couple of minutes to the baking time.
Cookies spread for various reasons: too much butter, overmixing the dough, or the baking sheet being too warm. To prevent this, make sure your butter is at room temperature (not melted), mix the dough until just combined, and always start with a cool baking sheet.
For a gluten-free version, substitute the all-purpose flour with your favorite gluten-free flour blend. I always have great success with Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 all-purpose gluten free baking flour.
No, you don’t need to chill the dough before baking for this particular recipe. It’s designed as a no-chill cookie recipe, allowing you to skip the refrigeration step and bake the cookies right after mixing the dough. This makes it quicker and more convenient to enjoy your pistachio white chocolate cookies without the wait!
If you make this recipe, take a photo and tag #bakedambrosia on Instagram and Facebook so that I can see your creations and feature them on Instagram! To stay up to date with the latest recipes, follow Baked Ambrosia on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. ♡
Pistachio White Chocolate Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 egg yolk room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 10.5 oz white chocolate chopped (or chocolate chips)
- 4 oz shelled roasted pistachios chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and salt on medium-low speed until smooth and well-combined, about 4 minutes.3/4 cup butter, 1 cup brown sugar, 1/3 cup granulated sugar, 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Add in the eggs, egg yolk, and vanilla extract. Beat on low speed for an additional 2 minutes.2 eggs, 1 egg yolk, 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Gradually sift in the flour and baking soda. Mix until just combined, ensuring not to overmix.2 1/3 cup flour, 1 tsp baking soda
- Fold in the chopped white chocolate and pistachios until evenly distributed in the dough.10.5 oz white chocolate, 4 oz shelled roasted pistachios
- Using a scoop, portion out the cookie dough into 1.5 oz portions and place them on the prepared baking sheet, spacing them adequately apart (8 cookies per sheet).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes or until edges are lightly golden. Once out of the oven, while cookies are still hot, you can press additional pistachio pieces and white chocolate chunks into the top of each cookie for a decorative touch. (optional)
- Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.