These irresistible Baked Carrot Cake Donuts with Cream Cheese Frosting are so easy to make and are perfect for an Easter or spring brunch!
Don't you just love when you can eat a dessert and call it breakfast?
And when there are veggies [carrots] thrown into the mix, you don't feel as guilty for eating two or three or five donuts before 10 am on a Saturday.
Today we are turning our favorite spring time dessert into ridiculously delicious donuts.
Carrot Cake Donuts with Cream Cheese Frosting!
How cute are these? These doughnuts are light and fluffy and perfectly spiced.
Oh yeah, did I mention these are BAKED, not fried and still amazing?! They are so moist that you'll probably want to eat them straight out of the oven before they have enough time to cool.
If you make this recipe, take a photo and tag #bakedambrosia on Instagram and Facebook so that I can see your creations and feature them on Instagram! To stay up to date with the latest recipes, follow Baked Ambrosia on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. ♡
Baked Carrot Cake Donuts with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 pound carrots peeled and grated
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 8- oz package cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup butter room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup toasted coconut shreds for topping optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease donut pans and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs with sugar until pale. Add oil, Greek yogurt, and vanilla.
- Add half of the flour mixture to wet ingredients. Stir in grated carrots. Add remaining flour and mix until just combined.
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared donut pans and bake for 15 minutes.
- Once baked, allow to cool slightly before inverting onto a cooling rack. Cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, beat cream cheese and butter in a stand mixer for 2-3 minutes. Add powdered sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Frost cooled donuts and sprinkle with toasted coconut, if desired.