These 20 minute Baked Lemon Poppy Seed Donuts are soft, fluffy, and bursting with fresh lemon flavor and poppy seeds! (gluten free, Paleo, with a vegan option)
I'm bringing sunshine to you today!
And by sunshine I mean Baked Gluten Free Lemon Poppy Seed Donuts. Because all lemon desserts are bursting full of sunshine and all things summer!
These Lemon Poppy Seed Doughnuts are soft, fluffy, perfectly sweetened, with a hint of tart. The donuts are baked instead of fried which means that you can indulge in more than one completely guilt-free! They are also gluten free, Paleo, and I've included vegan options in the recipe so that anyone can enjoy these donuts.
These lemon poppy seed doughnuts are the perfect summer treat and an incredibly delicious breakfast. Trust me.
More Recipes You'll Love!
Baked Carrot Cake Doughnuts - perfect for an Easter or spring brunch!
Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts - soft and fluffy Baked Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Donuts.
Paleo Zucchini Pistachio Bread - delicious and easy savory treat.
Blackberry Oat Crumb Bars - made with rolled oats and almond flour.
If you make this recipe, take a photo and tag #bakedambrosia on Instagram and Facebook so that I can see your creations and feature them on Instagram! To stay up to date with the latest recipes, follow Baked Ambrosia on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. ♡
Baked Lemon Poppy Seed Donuts (Gluten Free, Paleo, Vegan)
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup tapioca starch
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1 egg or 1 flax egg if vegan, see notes*
- ⅓ cup honey or maple syrup if vegan
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut butter warm
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease donut pan and set aside.
- Whisk almond flour, tapioca starch, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and poppy seeds together in a medium bowl. Whisk the melted coconut oil, egg, honey, almond milk, vanilla, lemon juice, and zest until completely combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Spoon the batter into the donut pan filling ⅔ - ¾ of the way full. Bake for 9 -11 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Allow to cool for two minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Bake the remaining donut batter, then transfer to the cooling rack. Allow donuts to cool completely.
- To make the glaze, whisk all of the glaze ingredients together. If glaze is too thick, add 1 tsp warm water at a time until desired consistency. Dip each donut into the glaze and place back on the cooling rack for the glaze to set.
- Serve immediately. Store any leftovers in an air tight container at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 2 days.