The BEST Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies recipe that you’ll ever try is super simple to make and so delicious. The cookies have chewy centers with slightly crisp edges and are loaded with chocolate and walnuts.
There is nothing better than a batch of fresh baked cookies. I have lots of cookie recipes that I like to keep in rotation at my house including Homemade Milano Cookies, Koulourakia (Greek Butter Cookies), and Banana White Chocolate Chip Cookies. These Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Cookies are also irresistible!
However, my absolute favorite cookies are chocolate chip cookies! These Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies have definitely been a hit for the past few months and once you give them a try, you’ll understand why. They are chewy, slightly crisp and are loaded with chocolate and walnuts. If you are a fan of nuts in your cookies, these cookies are for you! And if you prefer your cookies without walnuts, you can most definitely leave them out and add a little bit more chocolate.
These Easy Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies are made with just a few ingredients that you probably have on hand. They make a great treat or dessert and are perfect to share with friends and family.
HOW TO MAKE EASY CHOCOLATE CHIP WALNUT COOKIES:
- Add softened butter and sugars to a mixer bowl and beat until creamy.
- Next, add egg and vanilla, mixing until combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and mix thoroughly.
- Next, fold in chocolate and chopped walnuts.
- Scoop out cookie dough onto a lined baking sheet, top with more chocolate and walnuts, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes top with flakey sea salt and enjoy!
HOW TO STORE COOKIES:
The best way to store chocolate chip walnut cookies is in an airtight container at room temperature. The cookies will stay fresh up to 5 days. You can also freeze the cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Unbaked cookie dough is great to freeze as well! Scoop out the cookie dough and form balls. Place the cookie dough balls onto a lined baking sheet and freeze for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, transfer the dough balls into an airtight container or freezer safe zip top bag for up to 3 months. When you are ready to bake, bake the cookies as directed in the recipe. You may need to add an extra 1-2 minutes.
MY FAVORITE TOOLS FOR BAKING COOKIES:
- Stand Mixer or Hand Mixer – I have both, but my stand mixer definitely gets used the most in my kitchen.
- Half Sheet Pan – It’s great to have a few sheet pans on hand for baking large batches of cookies.
- Parchment Paper – I always use parchment paper to bake cookies. They cookies bake evenly and the cleanup is minimal!
- Cookie Scoop – Cookie scoops are a must have when portioning out cookie dough. They help you get even sized, perfect cookies every time!
- Airtight Container – This airtight container is great for storing cookies on the counter top and in the freezer.
- Classic Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you make this recipe, take a photo and tag #bakedambrosia on Instagram and Facebook so that I can see your creations and feature them on Instagram! To stay up to date with the latest recipes, follow Baked Ambrosia on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. ♡
Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 6 oz dark chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate plus more for topping
- 1 cup walnuts chopped + more for topping
- flakey sea salt for topping
- Cream butter and sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl using a hand mixer until pale and creamy, about 3 minutes. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and beat until combined. Mix in chocolate and walnuts.
- Scoop out the cookie dough using a medium size scoop (2 tbsp) and place the dough balls side by side on a lined baking sheet. Top with extra chocolate and walnuts and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Arrange 6 cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet, leaving at least 2 inches between each cookie. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until edges are golden. As soon as cookies come out of the oven, use a round cookie cutter to make perfectly round cookies. Top with sea salt. Continue with remaining cookie dough and enjoy!