The ultimate paleo chocolate chip cookies! Soft, chewy, and highly addicting, these cookies are made with wholesome ingredients and lots of chocolate chunks! (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, No Refined Sugar)
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies! I have been working on this recipe for a while now, and I finally perfected it! These cookies are soft, chewy, and highly addicting. And the best part? They are made with real wholesome ingredients and NO refined sugar. Healthy chocolate chip cookies that taste rich and decadent is exactly what I was going for while developing this recipe. They are gluten free, grain free, and dairy free - yet no one will be able to tell!
Ingredients You Need
- almond flour
- arrowroot starch
- tapioca starch
- coconut sugar
- coconut oil
- apple cider vinegar
- dark chocolate
How To Make The Best Grain Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
The dough takes a few minutes to prepare. I like to use my stand mixer, but an electric hand mixer will work just as well. First, you beat the coconut oil (make sure it is NOT melted!) with the coconut sugar and honey. Next mix in the egg, vanilla, and apple cider vinegar. Add all of the dry ingredients, and finally fold in the chocolate chunks.
Once the dough is prepared, it is important to chill it for at least 2 hours before baking, or even better - over night! Chilling the dough prevents the cookies from spreading and enhances the flavor and texture. *do not skip this step*
The final step is baking! Make sure your oven is preheated to 350 degrees F. I use a cookie scoop to ensure that I get uniform cookies. Bake the cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet for 10-12 minutes and enjoy!
If you make this recipe, take a photo and tag #bakedambrosia on Instagram and Facebook so that I can see your creations and feature them on Instagram! To stay up to date with the latest recipes, follow Baked Ambrosia on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. ♡
Soft and Chewy Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 ¼ cup 140 g almond flour
- ¾ cup + 1 tbsp 105 g arrowroot starch
- ¾ cup + 1 tbsp 105 g tapioca starch
- 2 tablespoon 10 g golden flaxmeal
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup 100 g coconut oil, solid
- ½ cup 70 g coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup 115 g honey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanila
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 oz dark chocolate chopped ( I use Hu Kitchen simple dark chocolate)
- flaked sea salt optional
- Combine almond flour, arrowroot start, tapioca starch, flaxmeal, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat coconut oil, coconut sugar, and honey in the bowl of stand mixer until light and creamy. Add egg, vanilla, and apple cider vinegar, beating well to combine. Mix in almond flour mixture. Stir in chocolate.
- Cover cookie dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least two hours, or over night.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Use a cookie scoop to drop cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.