The BEST Pumpkin Swirl Brownie recipe! Pumpkin pie and brownies meet in this delicious and easy fall dessert. The brownies are fudgy, rich, and swirled with a pumpkin pie filling.
If you are searching a decadent chocolate fall dessert, then you’ve come to the right place. These Pumpkin Swirl Brownies are so good, you’ll want to make them year round!
The brownies are rich, fudgy, chocolatey, and meet all the criteria for the perfect brownie! An easy pumpkin pie filling is swirled into the brownie batter making this recipe ideal for Thanksgiving and the holidays. This Pumpkin Swirl Brownie recipe is easy to make and only takes a few minutes to prepare.
PUMPKIN SWIRL BROWNIE RECIPE INGREDIENTS
Let’s go over the ingredients used in this pumpkin swirl brownie recipe. Using high-quality ingredients is key to producing the best tasting brownies!
- Butter: I always bake with salted butter. It doesn’t contain any flavorings that unsalted butter has. Just two ingredients; cream and salt. You can use unsalted butter if you prefer, you may just need to increase the sea salt by ¼ teaspoon in the recipe!
- Sugar: Use your favorite granulated or organic cane sugar! This is the one that I use in all of my baking.
- Brown Sugar: Light or dark brown sugar work in this recipe. I like to use light brown sugar in my brownies.
- Eggs: Make sure that your eggs are room temperature for the best results.
- Vanilla Extract: Always use pure vanilla extract (not imitation) for the best tasting baked treats!
- Cocoa Powder: Use a high quality cocoa powder for the best tasting brownies. My top choices are Ghirardelli, Valrhona, and Rodelle.
- All-Purpose Flour: I always use unbleached all-purpose flour in my baking. You can also use pastry flour or all-purpose gluten free flour with great results as well!
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: Use your favorite brand of sweetened condensed milk. I do not recommend using a fat-free version.
- Pumpkin Puree: Make sure that you use pumpkin puree and NOT pumpkin filling.
- Homemade Pumpkin Spice: I like to make my own pumpkin spice mix for this recipe. You will need cinnamon, ginger, and ground cloves.
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT PUMPKIN SWIRL BROWNIES
This pumpkin swirl brownie recipe is easy to make and requires only a few steps! Let’s go through the steps to make sure you end up with the perfect brownies.
STEP ONE: MELT BUTTER AND SUGARS
The first step in this brownie recipe is to melt the butter and sugars together. This step can be done on the stovetop or in the microwave.
- Stovetop - Heat butter and sugars in a saucepan over low heat until the butter has completely melted.
- Microwave - Place butter and sugars in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 60 seconds. Stir and heat in 30 second increments, stirring between, until the butter is completely melted.
STEP TWO: ADD THE EGGS AND VANILLA
Next, beat the eggs with the vanilla in a separate bowl. Add the beaten eggs to the melted butter/sugar mixture and whisk well to combine.
STEP THREE: ADD DRY INGREDIENTS
Add the dry ingredients to the brownie batter and mix until combined and your batter is smooth.
STEP FOUR: MAKE PUMPKIN PIE FILLING
In a blender or food processor, add the sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin puree, eggs, and spices and blend until smooth.
STEP FIVE: SWIRL BATTER AND BAKE
Spread half of the brownie batter evenly in a parchment lined baking pan. Pour the pumpkin pie filling on top of the batter and use a knife to swirl. Add the remaining brownie batter in spoonfuls over the swirled batter and swirl is once more. Bake the brownies.
STEP SIX: COOL, DRIZZLE WITH CHOCOLATE, & ENJOY
Once the pumpkin swirl brownies are done baking, let them cool completely in the baking pan. These brownies are best served at room temperature or slightly chilled so that the pumpkin pie filling can set.
When your brownies are completely cool, make a thin chocolate ganache or melt some chocolate with a teaspoon of coconut oil. Drizzle the chocolate over the brownies, cut into squares, and enjoy!
PERFECT PUMPKIN SWIRL BROWNIE RECIPE FAQS
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN BROWNIES ARE DONE BAKING?
When the brownies are done, the center will be set. Insert a wooden skewer into the center of the brownies. If the skewer comes out clean with just a couple of crumbs, your brownies are done! Note: This brownie recipe requires a longer baking time than regular brownies.
HOW TO STORE BROWNIES
Store brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or wrapped in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More Brownie Recipes You'll Love!
- Strawberry Swirl Fudge Brownies
- Pumpkin Pie Layer Brownies
- Spooky Ghost Marshmallow Brownies
- Healthy No-Bake Brownies
If you make this recipe, take a photo and tag #bakedambrosia on Instagram and Facebook so that I can see your creations and feature them on Instagram! To stay up to date with the latest recipes, follow Baked Ambrosia on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. ♡
Pumpkin Swirl Brownies
- 1 cup 230 g butter
- 1 ⅔ cups 357 g granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup 72 g brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup 72 g cocoa powder
- ½ cup 84 g all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1-14 oz 397 g sweetened condensed milk
- 1-15 oz 425 g pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 oz 57 g dark chocolate, chopped
- ¼ cup 60 ml heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9 x 9-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Heat butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar in a saucepan over low heat or in a microwave safe bowl until butter is completely melted.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs with vanilla extract. Add butter/sugar mixture and whisk until combined.
- Add cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until just combined. Set aside.
- Make pumpkin swirl: In a blender or food processor, add the sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin puree, eggs, spices, and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Evenly spread half of the brownie batter into prepared baking pan. Pour pumpkin mixture and use a butter knife to swirl. Don't over mix! Add the remaining brownie batter in 5 large dollops and lightly swirl.
- Bake for 55 minute to 1 hour and 10 minutes, depending on your oven. Brownies are done when the middle is set and a wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and set in the pan for at least 2 hours.
- Once set, use parchment paper to lift brownies brownies out of pan. Drizzle with chocolate, cut into squares, and enjoy!
- Chocolate Ganache: Place the chopped chocolate in a heat-proof bowl. Heat cream in a small pot over medium heat the pour over chopped chocolate. Let stand for a couple of minutes, then mix until all of the chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
Patricia Ferguson says
Just pulled these brownies out of the oven and all I can say is YUM!! What a great recipe! Thank you, Angelina!
Hi Patricia! Thanks so much for your comment – I’m SO happy you love these
Evelyn Anderson says
Wow! Just Wow! So fudgy and delicious
So glad you loved these, Evelyn!!