These Mini Dark Chocolate and Sea Salts Tarts have a buttery shortbread crust that’s filled with a rich and decadent truffle-like filling and topped with sea salt!
A chocolate lover's dream!
Dark Chocolate and Sea Salt Tarts
Look at that fudginess! Check out that crust! oh.my.god.
And the sea salt?? Well, salted chocolate is pretty much the best thing ever.
These tarts are so easy to make! The shortbread crust is fool-proof and you don't need to bake the filling! Just pour it inside the pre-baked crusts and refrigerate until set.
I have a ton of these mini tart pans, but if you have an 8-inch tart pan, you can use that instead.
Also, you can make these ahead of time! They are perfect for Valentine's Day, which is next week. You can whip these mini tarts up let's say on Sunday night and let them hang out in the fridge until Wednesday. Your Valentine will love them!
Ingredient You Need For Dark Chocolate Tarts
If you make this recipe, take a photo and tag #bakedambrosia on Instagram and Facebook so that I can see your creations and feature them on Instagram! To stay up to date with the latest recipes, follow Baked Ambrosia on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. ♡
These Mini Dark Chocolate + Sea Salts Tarts have a buttery shortbread crust that’s filled with a rich and decadent truffle-like filling and topped with sea salt!
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ⅔ cup cream
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp butter
- 7 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp espresso powder, optional
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp milk
- sea salt flakes, for topping
- For the crust:
- Sift flour and salt in a medium size bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Reduce the speed to low and beat in the flour mixture until incorporated.
- Gather dough and form it into a disk. Wrap the disk with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Place 4 tartlet pans on a cookie sheet.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to ¼ inch thickness. Cut into 4 6-inch rounds. Re-roll the scraps as needed. Line the bottom and sides of the prepared pans with the dough circles. Use a small kitchen knife to trim off the excess dough. Prick the bottom of each tartlet with a fork a few of times.
- Place in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes while oven is preheating to 350 degrees F.
- Remove tartlets from refrigerator and put them into the oven. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from the oven and let the tart shells to cool completely.
- For the filling:
- Add cream and sugar to a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Once boiling, remove from heat and stir in butter, dark chocolate, espresso powder, and salt. Finally stir in milk.
- Pour into cooled tart shells. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until set.
- Before serving, carefully remove tarts from pans and sprinkle with flaked sea salt.