These easy Blackberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies are simple, delicious, and made with only five healthy ingredients! (Paleo, gluten-free, and vegan)
Let’s kick the weekend off with a cookie that's healthy enough to eat for breakfast!
Gluten Free Blackberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies
... you HAVE to give them a try. If you need a little bit more convincing,
- just look how tiny and adorable they are
- they are super soft and chewy
- they're gluten free, vegan, && Paleo
- blackberry chia jam - yes please!
- ummm drippy almond butter!!
- have I mentioned that they’re soo cute?
I had lots of left over blackberries from these Blackberry Margaritas, so I decided to take a break from tequila and made a super healthy and easy blackberry chia jam instead.
You guys, this stuff is addicting! I literally put it on everything - toast, pancakes, waffles, muffins, yogurt, oatmeal, almond butter & blackberry chia sandwiches (or any type of nut butter!), and of course cookies!
The cookie dough is very simple and straightforward. All you need is 1 mixing bowl and five ingredients. Everything gets mixed in at once, then you roll the dough into balls and use your thumb (or back of a wooden spoon) to form a well for the jam. Next, you fill each center with some jam and bake! Yup, it's that simple!!
Once the cookies are out of the oven, you can drizzle them with some almond butter for a special touch. You can even go traditional with peanut butter too, but almond butter is my thing right now.
More Recipes You'll Love!
Paleo Chocolate Chip Pancake Muffins - perfect for meal prep!
Soft and Chewy Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies - soft, chewy, and highly addicting.
No Bake Dark Chocolate Nut Bars - satisfy your sweet tooth!
Paleo Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread Bars - moist, lightly sweet, with a hint of cinnamon and packed with chocolate
If you make this recipe, take a photo and tag #bakedambrosia on Instagram and Facebook so that I can see your creations and feature them on Instagram! To stay up to date with the latest recipes, follow Baked Ambrosia on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. ♡
Blackberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies (Paleo, Gluten Free, Vegan)
- 1 flax egg 1 tbsp flaxmeal + 3 tbsp water
- 2 cups almond flour
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup blackberry chia jam recipe below, or jam of choice
- ¼ cup drippy almond butter for drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Make the flax egg by mixing flaxmeal with 3 tbsp water. Let sit in refrigerator for 5 minutes.
- Once set, remove bowl from refrigerator and add almond flour, coconut sugar, salt, and coconut oil. Mix until a dough forms.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on prepared baking sheet. Flatten each ball of dough slightly with your hands. Use thumb or back of a wooden spoon to make a small indentation in the middle of each cookie. Fill each cookie with ½ tsp jam.
- Bake 10-11 minutes.
- Cool on cookie rack. Drizzle with almond butter and enjoy!
Blackberry Chia Jam (Paleo, vegan)
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Add blackberries, lemon juice, and maple syrup to a sauce pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then simmer until berries burst, about 5 minutes. Stir in chia seeds and cook an addition 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place in jar. Cool completely.
- Store in refrigerator for up to one week.