Buttery and rich Tahini Cookies are sandwiched together with dulce de leche for a decadent treat.
And on the 12th Day of Cookies, I bring to you Tahini Shortbread Cookies with Dulce de Leche!
These Sandwich Cookies with Dulce de Leche are quickly becoming a household favorite. They are buttery and nutty, sprinkled with sesame seeds, and delicious eaten anytime of day.
If you haven't realized tahini is one of my favorite ingredients to bake with and it pairs well many common ingredients such as brown sugar and dulce de leche. The tahini flavor in these cookies is subtle, yet there is still a trace of nuttiness. The dulce de leche compliments the tahini here perfectly.
Tahini Shortbread Cookies with Dulce de Leche
This shortbread cookies recipe is very easy to make and requires just a few ingredients.
- light brown sugar
- baking powder & salt
- sesame seeds
The dough comes together in just a few minutes, but you must allow it to chill for at least 30 minutes before rolling it out. Once baked and cooled, the cookies are sandwiched together with dulce de leche.
I like to make my own dulce de leche out of a can of sweetened condensed milk (learn how here), but store-bought works as well!
12 Days of Cookies
Day 4: Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti
Day 7: Cut-Out Pecan Sandies
Day 9: Homemade Milano Cookies
Day 10: Cut Out Orange Sugar Cookies
If you make this recipe, take a photo and tag #bakedambrosia on Instagram and Facebook so that I can see your creations and feature them on Instagram! To stay up to date with the latest recipes, follow Baked Ambrosia on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. ♡Print
Buttery and rich Tahini Shortbread Cookies are sandwiched together with dulce de leche for a decadent treat.
- ¾ cup butter, room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup tahini
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup sesame seeds, for topping
- 1 can dulce de leche (homemade or store bought)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugars until light a fluffy, about 3-5 minutes. Add tahini and vanilla and mix until combined
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to butter mixture and mix on low speed until there are no more dry spots. Transfer the dough to a piece of plastic wrap and cover tightly. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll out chilled dough between two sheets of parchment paper, to ¼-inch thickness. Use a cookie cutter to cut into 2-inch rounds. Transfer cookies to baking sheet and sprinkle sesame seeds over half of the cookies. Gently press down sesame seeds. Bake 9-11 minutes. Remove cookies from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Once cookies are completely cooled, add 2 tsp dulce de leche to the flat side of half of the cookies (without sesame seeds). Top with flat side of remaining sesame seed covered cookies.