Tender and perfectly sweet, you’ll want to make these Cherry Almond Muffins all summer long! So delicious with a cup of coffee!
Cherry Almond Muffins … aka another excuse to eat dessert for breakfast.
Does anybody else get tricked into buying about 578390 pounds of cherries every summer? I went to my local grocer the other day and saw the sale sign, “$1.99/pound”, and suddenly my whole refrigerator is FULL of cherries.
I’m not complaining though. I really do love cherries and look forward to eating them every summer!
This year, I wanted to make a muffin that is tender and moist with the perfect amount of sweetness. These Cherry Almond Muffins are bursting with fresh cherries. And the tops are crispy and have a nice crunch from the sliced almonds.
The secret ingredients? The first one is almond flour. It really makes the muffins so moist and adds the most delicious nutty flavor. And the second secret ingredient is just a tiny HINT of almond extract. I don’t like too much almond extract because then it tastes too overpowering. But, just a drop really enhances the cherry flavor so so much.
These are truly any-time-of-day muffins. They work for breakfast, snacks, or dessert. Paired with a cup of coffee or a hot tea, these muffins are to die for!
If you make this recipe, take a photo and tag #bakedambrosia on Instagram and Facebook so that I can see your creations! To stay up to date with the latest recipes, follow Baked Ambrosia on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. ♡
If you make this recipe, take a photo and tag #bakedambrosia on Instagram and Facebook so that I can see your creations and feature them on Instagram! To stay up to date with the latest recipes, follow Baked Ambrosia on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. ♡
Cherry Almond Muffins
- 3/4 cup butter room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups cherries pitted and halved
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with muffin liners and set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add in eggs and extracts and beat until well combined.
- Turn speed to low and add is flour, almond flour, baking powder, and salt until just incorporated. Fold in cherry halves.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin tin and top with sliced almonds. Bake 25-35 minutes, or until tops are lightly brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!