This pizza is a simple and delicious variation to your regular pizza – Shrimp and Arugula Pizza has an arrabbiata base, lots of mozzarella, and topped with a simple arugula salad.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. #BlackBoxWines #CollectiveBias
I need to tell you allll about this pizza.
Shrimp and arugula pizza! I’m pretty convinced that this going to be your favorite meal this summer!
Spicy arrabbiata sauce, shrimp, melty mozzarella, topped with lots of fresh peppery arugula that’s been tossed in a little bit of lemon and olive oil. It’s a little spicy, a little tangy, refreshing, and absolutely DELICIOUS!
Oh, and a chilled glass of wine is the perfect companion here.
I’m partnering with my friends at Black Box Wines for this post because pizza + wine = life. Seriously though, for me, its two of the best things ever. I mean, who doesn’t love pizza … or a really good glass of wine?!
Black Box Wines are the first US vintner to offer premium, vintage-dated wines in a BOX. Yes, I said a box. These eco-friendly boxed wines come in a recyclable packaging which keeps the wines fresh for six weeks after opening! And, since they are fully recyclable, they have a significantly smaller carbon footprint than bottled wines. (we can drink our wine without hurting our planet! win-win!)
Black Box produces a variety of high-quality premium 3-liter boxes sourced from world renowned vineyards in California, Chile, and Argentina. No wonder, their wines have won over 50 Gold medals for their quality!
I paired this pizza with Black Box’s Chardonnay. It is rich, dry white wine with mango and pineapple aromas and a subtle hint of oak, making it perfect with the lemony arugula.
Aside from being top-notch quality, Black Box Wines cost 40% less than comparable bottled wines. Yes, you can live the “good life for less”!!
Another thing I love about Black Box wines is that they are the only wine brand to offer a loyalty program! Black Box Rewards enables members to earn points that are redeemable for exclusive rewards! You’ll earn 500 bonus points just for joining today!
Let’s not forget the wine. Especially with pizza. Summer is perfect for a wine and pizza party!
If you make this recipe, take a photo and tag #bakedambrosia on Instagram and Facebook so that I can see your creations and feature them on Instagram! To stay up to date with the latest recipes, follow Baked Ambrosia on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. ♡
Shrimp and Arugula Pizza
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ¼ cup water lukewarm
- 2 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 2/3 cup arrabbiata sauce
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes for topping
- In the bowl of a food processor combine the flour, yeast, and salt and process with 3 or 4 pulses. With the motor running slowly add the water and olive oil. Continue processing until the dough forms a ball, about 1 minute, then process for 1 minute more.
- Grease the inside of a large bowl with olive oil and place the dough in the bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let the dough rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Like a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Divide the dough in half and roll out each section into 8-inch rounds. Place pizza bases on prepared baking sheet.
- Spread 1/3 cup arrabbiata sauce over each pizza base.
- In a mixing bowl, toss shrimp with olive oil until well coated. Divide the shrimp in half and arrange on pizza base. Sprinkle ½ cup of mozzarella cheese on each pizza.
- Bake pizzas for 20-25 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbling.
- Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes.
- While pizzas are cooling, toss arugula with olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Top each pizza with arugula. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and enjoy!