The easiest and creamiest Green Goddess Zucchini Pasta is loaded with fresh and healthy ingredients and it’ll be on your dinner table in just 20 min!
I love avocados .. and pasta .. and zucchini.
And now, I can eat all three in the most delicious, most creamy pasta ever. AND the best part about all this? There’s no cream or butter involved. Just simple, fresh, healthy ingredients.
This green dish is actually a mix of whole wheat pasta and zoodles (zucchini noodles). You can use gluten free pasta if needed or stick to only zucchini noddles if you want a low carb version.
It is the perfect meal for a hot summer night. Plus, it’s simple, quick and loaded with good-for-you ingredients.
So what makes this pasta so creamy?
One special ingredient … AVOCADO.
All you need is a ripe avocado, baby spinach, garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil. Then, you just throw all the ingredients into a food processor and done!
I roasted some cherry tomatoes and topped it off with a sprinkle of red pepper flakes. And I wouldn’t be against a generous sprinkle of some freshly grated parmesan too!
Green Goddess Zucchini Pasta (Vegan)
- 8 oz whole wheat pasta
- 1 zucchini spiralized using a veggie spiralizer or cut into matchsticks
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- juice + zest of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- red chili flakes optional
- cherry tomatoes + 1 tbsp olive oil optional
- Boil pasta to al dente according to package. Before draining, reserve 1/2 cup of pasta cooking water. Drain the pasta and add to a bowl with the spirlized zucchini.
- In a food processor, combine 1/2 cup pasta cooking water, avocado, spinach, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, zest, salt, and pepper. Puree until smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the warm pasta and zucchini. Toss well to combine.
- Top with roasted cherry tomatoes, red chili flakes. Enjoy!
- To roast the cherry tomatoes, pre heat oven to 400°F. Place tomatoes on a parchment lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast 10-15 minutes.