This 20-minute Creamy Pumpkin Chorizo Bucatini will become your go-to pasta dish this fall! It is quick, hearty, and makes a comforting weeknight dinner.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ElevateYourMeal #CollectiveBias
I made us a hearty, cozy meal today.
Creamy Pumpkin Chorizo Bucatini. PUMPKIN SEASON HAS ARRIVED!
This pasta is the epitome of fall and I can’t get enough. Delicious Barilla® Collezione Bucatini covered in a creamy savory pumpkin sauce with spicy crumbles of chorizo. The best part? It comes together in just 20 minutes! It’s the perfect weeknight meal with a gourmet twist.
The sauce is so simple – ground chorizo, pumpkin, a splash of cream, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and some pasta water to thin it out. Then, this creamy sauce is tossed with al dente bucatini. Top it off with some pumpkin seeds and grated parmesan and dinner is served!
If you haven’t tried Barilla®'s Collezione line, you are in for a bigggg treat. Collezione is Barilla®'s premium artisanal pasta. Barilla® Collezione is made with non-GMO ingredients and all of the pastas are made using traditional Italian bronze plates. Barilla® Collezione pastas have the perfect shape and texture for sauces.
I purchase Barilla® Collezione at my local Kroger Marketplace. Right now, until 11/26/18, you will receive a $5 reward when you spend $15 on any Barilla® Collezione products! Click here for offer.
If you make this recipe, take a photo and tag #bakedambrosia on Instagram and Facebook so that I can see your creations and feature them on Instagram! To stay up to date with the latest recipes, follow Baked Ambrosia on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. ♡
Creamy Pumpkin Chorizo Bucatini
- 1 package Barilla® Collezione Bucatini
- 8 oz ground chorizo
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1-15 oz can pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup cream
- ¼ cup pasta water
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
- pumpkin seeds and grated parmesan cheese for topping
- Cook bucatini to al dente, according to package. Drain, reserving ½ cup pasta water. Set aside.
- Cook chorizo in a large saucepan over medium high heat, about 5 minutes. Add onion to chorizo and saute until translucent. Add garlic and red pepper flakes to saucepan. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add pumpkin puree, cream, pasta water, cinnamon, salt, and pepper to chorizo. Cook until mixture comes to a boil, stirring frequently. If sauce seems too thick, add more pasta water until desired consistency.
- Transfer cooked bucatini to saucepan and toss to combine. Serve immediately with pumpkin seeds and grated parmesan cheese.