Easy Chai Spiced Baked French Toast drizzled with homemade caramel sauce is fragrant, warm, and the perfect way to begin your fall mornings.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Oregon Chai®. The opinions and text are all mine.
I don’t know about you, but the change of seasons always inspires me to switch things up in my life. It’s refreshing to start each season with a clean slate. This fall, I am going to make more effort to enjoy some much needed “me-time” before the busy holiday season arrives.
While my weekdays are usually pretty busy, weekend mornings are the perfect time for some R&R. I love spending time catching up on a few episodes of a series with a face mask on while the smell of a delicious cozy breakfast fills my house.
Sounds pretty amazing, doesn’t it?
Since I spend most of my time during the week in the kitchen cooking up new recipes, I like to keep it very simple and easy on the weekends. Baked French toast is a great breakfast that requires minimal work. Plus, it looks and smells AMAZING!
This fall, I am teaming up with my friends at Oregon Chai® to bring to you this Chai Spiced Baked French Toast. OH.MY.GOSH. It tastes like heaven. If there’s one breakfast recipe you need in your life, it’s this one. Not only is this French toast ridiculously easy, it’s THE BEST French toast you’ll ever have.
So, Chai Spiced Baked French Toast. Instead of cooking up individual slices of French toast on a frying pan, this French toast is baked. Yup, that means you’ll have more time to enjoy yourself!
The recipe is very simple. It’s slices of brioche soaked in a custard and baked until perfection. The custard is a simple mixture of eggs, milk, chai concentrate, and vanilla. My go-to chai concentrate is always Oregon Chai Tea Latte Concentrate. It is organic, non-GMO, and made with simple, real ingredients. Oregon Chai is the perfect mix of sweet and spicy that you can cozy up to this fall.
You can now purchase Oregon Chai online at Walmart.com. I love purchasing my groceries through Walmart’s Online Grocery Pickup. They have made it so simple and easy to order your groceries. Plus, it is so convenient. You add your groceries to your cart and select a pickup time. Then, all you have to do is drive up to a reserved “Pickup Only” spot and a Walmart employee brings out all of your groceries. From 9/26/18 – 11/30/18, or while supplies last, save 75¢ on any 1 Oregon Chai product at Walmart. You can find the Ibotta rebate here.
Ok, let’s get back to the French toast. Once you have the custard, you soak the brioche slices for a few minutes and then assemble them in a baking dish. (You can do this step the night before and place it in the fridge until the next morning.) The French toast is now ready to bake.
I like to make a caramel sauce to drizzle over my French toast. You can certainly just use maple syrup, but I’m pretty sure we all deserve a little extra treat on weekends! The caramel sauce is just brown sugar and butter that is cooked until bubbly and syrupy.
To add a pop of color, I like to top my French toast with some fresh berries. Finally, a sprinkle of powdered sugar and DONE!
See how to make Chai Spiced Baked French Toast:
If you make this recipe, take a photo and tag #bakedambrosia on Instagram and Facebook so that I can see your creations and feature them on Instagram! To stay up to date with the latest recipes, follow Baked Ambrosia on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. ♡
Chai Spiced Baked French Toast
- ½ cup Oregon Chai Tea Latte Concentrate
- 1 brioche loaf cut into slices
- 6 eggs
- ¾ cups almond milk or milk of choice
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds
- Powdered sugar and fresh berries for topping
- Homemade Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter room temperature
- ¼ cup milk or cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter an 8 x 8-inch baking pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, milk, chai concentrate, vanilla, and salt until well combined. Soak all of the brioche slices in the egg mixture for 5 minutes.
- Arrange the brioche slices in greased baking pan. Pour any remaining egg mixture over bread slices. Sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Bake 40-45 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes before dusting with powdered sugar. Top with fresh berries and homemade caramel sauce. Enjoy!
- To make the caramel sauce, bring brown sugar and butter to a boil. After about 5 minutes, remove from heat and stir in milk or cream. Let cool slightly, before pouring into a jar. Set aside until ready to use. Store in refrigerator.