The easiest and quickest Greek Chicken Gyro Platter with (baked) fries, salad, Greek yogurt, and whole wheat pita bread. Healthy and delicious!
I bring to you your new favorite meal...
Healthy Chicken Gyro Platter!
Seriously, make this once and you'll be as obsessed with it as I am.
Technically, it's not exactly "gyro" because it isn't cooked on a vertical rotisserie but, the taste is all there.
The marinade for this chicken is magical. Seriously, it's SO good. Not only does it make the chicken taste AMAZING, it also provides the best smell the moment the chicken hits the skillet. It also makes the chicken so moist and tender.
To complete the platter, I made fries, a small salad, Greek yogurt, and pita bread. To make this meal healthier, I baked the fries, used nonfat yogurt, and whole wheat pita bread.
Since I am not going to Greece this summer, I am living a Greek summer vicariously through food, and this Chicken Gyro Platter did not disappoint!
Healthy Greek Chicken Gyro Platter
- 4 chicken thighs skinless & boneless
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp ground coriander seeds
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 large russet potatoes peeled and cut into sticks
- 2 tbsp olive oil or canola oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 2 to matoes cut into wedges
- ½ red onion sliced
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 4 whole wheat pita breads
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, paprika, thyme, ground coriander seeds, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, lemon juice, lemon zest, and oil. Stir until combined.
- Cut chicken thighs into thin strips. Transfer to a gallon size zip-bag or bowl. Add marinade to chicken and mix well, making sure all pieces are coated. Cover and marinate at least 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken in two batches and saute 4-5 minutes, or until cooked through.
- To make the fries, preheat oven 450°F. Place cut potatoes on a parchment lined baking tray. Drizzle with oil, and mix to combine. Spread fries in a single layer and cook 12 minutes. Flip fries and cook an additional 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with salt.
- To assemble the chicken gyro platters, place mixed greens, tomatoes, and onions on plate. Add cooked chicken, fries, Greek yogurt, and whole wheat pita bread.