White Chocolate Blondies – chewy, dense, not-too-sweet. The perfect Spring time dessert!
For some reason I associate Blondies with warm weather. I rarely ever find myself making them in the colder months, since traditional chocolate brownies make a cozier treat. Now, don’t get me wrong, I make brownies all year round (remember my chocolate addiction?) but blondies feel a bit more spring-appropriate.
Blondies are like a traditional brownie, minus the cocoa. They are chewy around the edges, dense in the middle, and the perfect decadent dessert. They usually contain brown sugar, lots of butter, and add-ins like nuts, coconut, chocolate chips, dried fruit and candy pieces. These blondies are a little lighter in flavor and color. They don’t contain as much butter as a traditional blondie recipe but, the addition of white chocolate in the batter produces a dense dessert bar. I also used regular sugar instead of brown sugar because I wanted to stay away from the “toffee” taste blondies usually have. White chocolate chips add a nice touch of sweetness throughout the bars.
This recipe is so easy to make and it makes the perfect spring time dessert!
White Chocolate Blondies
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 55 mins
- Yield: 16 bars 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease and flour a 8 x 8 inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, gently whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a small saucepan, slowly melt butter and one third of the white chocolate chips over low heat, whisking constantly. Remove from heat as soon as butter and chocolate chips are melted.
- In a large bowl use an electric mixer to beat together eggs, sugar, and vanilla until smooth and light. Add butter and white chocolate mixture, beating until well combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture.
- Fold in remaining white chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan and bake 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before cutting.
- Optional Once cooled completely, dust with powdered sugar before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 215
- Sugar: 17 g
- Sodium: 187 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 52 mg