THE PERFECT DARK CHOCOLATE CHUNK BLONDIES ARE PACKED WITH PROTEIN - GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE, EGG-FREE, AND VEGAN FRIENDLY.
Oh hi! It’s totally okay for you to eat blondies for breakfast today.
Dark Chocolate Chunk Nut Butter Blondies.
Do you see those perfect little squares? That chocolate? The popped quinoa? GUYS, how can "health food" taste so good?!
These bars are made with basic ingredients -
coconut oil (or avocado oil)
maple syrup (or honey, if not vegan)
POPPED QUINOA (totally optional, but highly recommended)
... and CHOCOLATE. That's is.
The popped quinoa is also awesome. It gives the bars a great crunch and a boost of protein.
These Dark Chocolate Chunk Nut Butter Blondies are made with one of my all-time favorite nut butters - NuttZo!!
You can use any nut or seed butter in this recipe, but NuttZo is a big upgrade from traditional peanut or almond butter. I used the Crunchy Power Fuel flavor which is made with a blend of seven, yes SEVEN, nuts and seeds. It has no added sugar, no added oils, and is a must try!
Dark Chocolate Chunk Nut Butter Blondies (Gluten Free, Vegan)
- 1 ½ cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup popped quinoa optional
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup coconut oil melted (or avocado oil)
- ½ cup maple syrup or honey, if not vegan
- 1 cup nut butter I used NuttZo
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 4 oz dark chocolate chopped (plus 2 oz melted dark chocolate for topping, optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9 x 9 -inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place oats in a blender or food processor and grind until flour consistency.
- Add ground oats to a medium size bowl along with almond flour, popped quinoa, baking soda, and salt. Stir to combine.
- In a small sauce pan over medium low heat, combine coconut oil, maple syrup, and nut butter. Stir until well combined. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Add nut butter mixture to dry ingredients and mix to combine. Stir in chopped chocolate.
- Bake 15-18 minutes, or until light golden brown. Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Drizzle melted chocolate, if desired.