Incredible vegan no-bake fudge brownies made with simple ingredients like walnuts, cacao, dates, and prunes. These healthy chewy no bake brownies make a great snack or healthy dessert and are delicious straight from the fridge! (Freezer friendly, vegan, gluten free)
If you’re looking for a no-bake brownie recipe that’s easy to make, delicious, and tastes like a chewy fudgy brownie, you’ve come to the right place!
These flavorful no bake brownies are naturally sweetened with dates and prunes, so incredibly chewy, bursting with chocolate flavor, and topped with a layer of dairy free ganache. They’re everything a traditional brownie should be, except they are healthier and don’t require an oven. Win, win!
Ingredients in healthy no bake brownies
These healthy no bake brownies use 8 super simple ingredients that you probably already have on-hand right now. You’ll need:
- Cashews or walnuts: this is the base for these gluten free healthy brownies. Cashews and walnuts are relatively soft nuts, which blend well with the rest of the ingredients.
- Cacao: I like to use raw cacao in this healthy brownie recipe. It is less processed and full of antioxidants and minerals. If you don’t have any hand, you can use regular cocoa powder.
- Medjool dates: Dates add natural sweetness and chewiness to the brownies. They also pack in lots of fiber. Make sure your dates are nice and soft!
- Prunes: Prunes add more natural sweetness as well as fiber and antioxidants!
- Coconut oil: Use your favorite coconut oil. I prefer to use unfiltered virgin coconut oil.
- Vanilla extract: A staple in most dessert recipes, vanilla adds a special touch of flavor.
- Dark chocolate chips: These vegan and dairy free chocolate chips are my favorite!
- Coconut milk: You will need canned full-fat coconut milk for the dairy free ganache.
These easy ingredients make the healthy vegan brownies dairy and gluten free.
How to make no bake healthy brownies
- Add walnuts or cashews, cacao, and salt to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until flour-like consistency. Add the dates, prunes, coconut oil, and vanilla. Process until smooth.
- Press the brownie mixture into an 8 x 8-inch pan lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Melt your chocolate chips and coconut milk in a saucepan on low until it’s smooth and completely melted. Pour the chocolate ganache evenly over your chilled brownies.
- Place the pan in the fridge for 10 minutes to let the ganache set before cutting into 16 squares. Sprinkle with a little sea salt and cacao nibs. Enjoy!
How to soften medjool dates
For this recipe you’ll want to make sure your dates are nice and soft so they blend well with the rest of the ingredients and make your brownies chewy. If your dates feel a little hard and dry, you will need to soften them by soaking them in water. Add the dates and warm water to a bowl and let it sit for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, the dates will be soft. Drain the water and use dates as directed.
How to store and freeze no-bake brownies
- In the fridge: once you’ve cut your no bake brownies into squares, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- In the freezer: these delicious healthy brownies can be frozen for up to 3 months! Store them in a freezer-safe airtight container or zip-top bag. When you’re ready to enjoy, thaw the brownies in the refrigerator.
More Recipes You’ll Love!
If you make this recipe, take a photo and tag #bakedambrosia on Instagram and Facebook so that I can see your creations and feature them on Instagram! To stay up to date with the latest recipes, follow Baked Ambrosia on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. ♡
Healthy No-Bake Brownies
- 2 cups raw walnuts or cashews
- 1/2 cup cacao can use cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cups Mejdool dates pitted*
- 3/4 cup prunes
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- flaked sea salt
- cacao nibs for topping
- Line an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add nuts, cacao, and salt in a food processor and process until fine. Add dates, prunes, melted coconut oil, and vanilla. Process until smooth.Press mixture into prepared pan and place in the fridge for 1 hour or in the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
- While brownies are chilling, make ganache by melting the chocolate chips with the coconut milk. Stir until smooth.Pour ganache over chilled brownies and spread into an even layer. Place brownies in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes, or until ganache has set.
- Sprinkle brownies with flaked sea salt and cacao nibs.Cut into squares and enjoy!Store leftover brownies in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 1 month.