So delicious and easy to make, this Roasted Beet, Spinach, and Goat Cheese Quiche makes a great brunch or even dinner!
I have an obsession and its ... beets.
I was a late beet bloomer. All my childhood and teenage years, I was always skeptical about this vegetable. I think it was the color. The thought of eating something so potently red just weirded me out.
Who knew that once I tried beets I would fall in love.
They are so sweet and tasty, especially when roasted to perfection!
And they are good for you! Beets are high in powerful cancer-fighting phytonutrients, vitamin C, fiber, and minerals. They fight inflammation, help lower blood pressure, and support blood and liver detoxification.
Whenever I buy beets, I don’t discriminate. If you throw away the beet greens, you are missing out! Not only are they delicious but they are super healthy. Enjoy them sautéed or steamed just like any other leafy green.
OK, back to this recipe. The crust is super easy to put together. Stone ground whole wheat flour, butter, toasted sesame seeds, and water. The stone ground whole wheat flour along with the sesame seeds add a rustic feel to the quiche. Simply add all the ingredients to a food processor and the crust is ready.
Now the filling. The beets, onions, and spinach get roasted. (WARNING! Your house will smell amazing during this process.) Then the filling is a protein rich with eggs, Greek yogurt, milk, and of course the best part … goat cheese.
Finally, bake the quiche and enjoy!!
So delicious and easy to make, this Roasted Beet, Spinach, and Goat Cheese Quiche makes a great brunch or even dinner
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp stone ground whole wheat flour (6 oz)
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 tbsp cold butter, cut in cubes (3 oz)
- 2 oz cold water
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds*
- 3 medium beets, sliced
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tbsp dry rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 6 oz goat cheese
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- Gently grease quiche pan and sprinkle with 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds.
- In a food processor, add flour, salt, and cold butter. Pulse until crumbly. Add water and pulse until dough forms. Add 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds and pulse 2-3 times, until combined.
- Remove pastry and form into a ball. Using a rolling pin, roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface. Line prepared quiche pan with the pastry and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Add beets and onions to a baking sheet in a single layer. Drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast 30 minutes. Remove from oven and add baby spinach to baking sheet. Roast an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs, yogurt, milk, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Add roasted beets, onions, and spinach to quiche crust. Sprinkle in crumbled goat cheese. Pour egg mixture into the quiche crust.
- Bake 50 minutes.
- Sprinkle grated parmesan over quiche and bake another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit 10 minutes before slicing.
* To toast sesame seeds, spread evenly onto baking sheet and place in a preheated 375°F oven for 5-8 min.