This post has been sponsored by Schweppes® . All thoughts and opinions are my own.
It’s the weekend! And I’ve got Sparkling Orange Cranberry Margaritas for us. [virtual cheers!]
They’re made with tequila (obviously), orange liquor, cranberry juice, orange juice, lime juice, and topped off with Schweppes Orange Sparkling Water. Oh yeah, and the sugared cranberries … HELLO holidays!
I know what you’re thinking. Do I drink anything else other than margaritas?!
The answer is yes. But why should I have to?? When it comes to alcoholic beverages, margaritas are my choice of drink – so, let a girl live a little!!
Plus, it’s the holiday season, which is the perfect reason to get together with family and friends to enjoy some festive cocktails and good food.
Now let’s chat a little bit about these margaritas. They’re tart and sweet and bursting with flavor. They are perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas, or pretty much any night in between.
Fresh cranberries are finally in season and I couldn’t be more excited. Even though they are wayyy too tart to eat on their own, throw some sugar on them and I can eat them like sweet & sour candy. But without all of the guilt because … fruit.
Speaking of fruit, I’m not crazy about juice. However, I love the idea of carbonated fruity drinks. Schweppes is my go-to sparkling water whenever I am entertaining, or just feeling thirsty. It is refreshing, and all of the flavors are AMAZING - plus they’re now available at Walmart! I used the orange flavored sparkling water in these margaritas which complimented the tartness of the cranberry juice perfectly.
This holiday season, you can pick up a pack of Schweppes Sparkling Water on the Schweppes Sparkling Water endcap at your local Walmart. Yay! And while you are there, don’t forget to pick up the rest of your holiday party needs. Walmart is a one stop shop for groceries, decorations, and party supplies.
Oh yeah, I can’t forget to mention that Schweppes® is giving away a FREE festive scarf when you spend $10 or more on Schweppes® products from 11/15-12/22! All you have to do is upload your receipt to schweppesholidaytw.com and you will be mailed your scarf!
‘Tis the season!
Sparkling Orange Cranberry Margaritas
- 8 oz silver tequila
- 8 oz cranberry juice not cranberry cocktail
- 4 oz orange liquor
- 4 oz orange juice
- 4 oz lime juice
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 cans Schweppes Orange Sparkling Water
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon salt
- 1 orange zest
- lime wedges for serving
- orange wedges for serving
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups cranberries
- Add tequila, cranberry juice, orange liquor, orange juice, lime juice, and sugar in a large pitcher. Stir to combine.
- In a shallow bowl, combine ½ cup sugar, salt, and orange zest.
- Rim four glasses with a lime or orange wedge. Dip into sugar/salt mixture. Fill cups with crushed ice. Pour drink mixture hallway full and top off with Schweppes Orange Sparkling Water.
- Top with sugared cranberries, lime wedges, and orange wedges.
- Sugared Cranberries: Add ½ cup sugar and ½ cup water to a small sauce pan and bring to a boil, until sugar dissolves (about 2-3 minutes). Remove from heat and add cranberries, stirring to coat. Let cranberries sit in mixture for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, lay cranberries out on a baking sheet and allow to dry for 10-15 minutes. Pour remaining sugar over cranberries and toss to coat.
Leave a Reply