These White Chocolate Orange Macadamia Nut Cookies are crisp on the edges with soft and chewy centers. Loaded with chunks of white chocolate, roasted macadamia nuts, and bursting with fresh orange flavor, these cookies will be a new favorite!
White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies are one of my absolute favorites! They are pretty much everything a perfect cookie should be - buttery, nutty, and sweet. With crisp edges and soft, chewy centers, this White Chocolate Orange Macadamia Nut Cookie recipe is to die for. Orange zest adds a nice pop of flavor which works perfectly with the sweet white chocolate and lightly roasted macadamia nuts.
I can't argue that bakery cookies are delicious, but these homemade cookies from taste even better. Making homemade cookies is simple, and requires ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. This easy white chocolate macadamia nut cookie recipe is no exception! I adapted this recipe from Sarah Kieffer's famous Pan-Banging Chocolate Chip Cookies. Her "pan-banging" (more on this later) technique gives these cookies their tasty crinkles, resulting in large crisp and chewy cookies.
Ingredients You Need For White Chocolate Orange Macadamia Nut Cookies
How To Make "Pan-Banging" Cookies
Giving your cookies this ripple look is a lot easier than you may think! Here's how to do it:
form dough into large balls and arrange on a prepared baking sheet
chill cookie dough for 15 minutes
place the chilled cookie dough in the oven and bake for 10 minutes
after 10 minutes, lift the baking sheet up (about 4 inches) and then gently drop it against the oven rack
continue baking for another 2 minutes, then repeat the lifting and dropping
repeat 4 more times, in 2 minute increments, until cookies are baked
Tips to make the BEST White Chocolate Orange Macadamia Nut Cookies
Make sure your butter and egg is at room temperature.
Chill your dough before baking. [do NOT skip this step!] If you don’t chill your dough, your cookies will spread too much during the baking process.
Use real white chocolate instead of white chocolate chips. High quality white chocolate such as Valrhona or Ghirardelli is my go-to.
Roasted macadamia nuts have the best flavor. I also like using salted macadamia nuts for a lovely sweet/salty taste.
More Recipes You'll Love!
Cut-Out Orange Sugar Cookies - flavored with orange zest and brandy.
Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies - your new favorite cookie!
White Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies - slightly crisp edges and a soft center.
Cadbury Egg Chocolate Chip Cookies - the only cookie recipe you need this Easter/spring!
Koulourakia (Greek Butter Cookies) - crispy and tender, orange-scented cookies.
If you make this recipe, take a photo and tag #bakedambrosia on Instagram and Facebook so that I can see your creations and feature them on Instagram! To stay up to date with the latest recipes, follow Baked Ambrosia on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. ♡
White Chocolate Orange Macadamia Nut Cookies
- 1 cup 147 g flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup 113 g butter, room temperature
- 1 cup 184 g sugar
- 2 tbsp 25 g brown sugar
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 egg
- 4 oz 113 g white chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup 85 g macadamia nuts, lightly roasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer, or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter until creamy. Add sugar, brown sugar, and orange zest. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture and mix until just combined. Mix in chopped white chocolate and macadamia nuts.
- Form dough into large balls (about 2 tablespoons) and arrange 6 on a prepared baking sheet. Place baking sheet with cookie dough in freezer for 15 minutes. Remove chilled cookie dough from freezer and place the second baking sheet in the freezer.
- Place the chilled cookie dough in the oven and bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, lift the baking sheet up (about 4 inches) and then gently drop it against the oven rack. The cookies will deflate on themselves. Continue baking for another 2 minutes, then repeat the lifting and dropping. Repeat 4 more times, in 2 minute increments, until cookies are baked for a total of 16 minutes, or until they are golden brown around the edges.
- Remove cookies from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely. Repeat process with second baking sheet.